IHaveAName
YouTube Username: Nthuziast
Discord: nthuziast

Ex E.D. Bullards in Redlands, CA

Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:59 am

A few days ago, I was looking for the magnetic flagman signal at the San Bernardino County Museum, and I found what looks to be an E.D. Bullard turned into some kind of a windmill.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/34°04 ... 17.2219598
I turned to some folks in the community and most of them confirmed that it was indeed an E.D. Bullard.
Just a few hours ago, another E.D. Bullard was located, see here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/34°03 ... 117.218896

No further Bullards have been found, I'll try to post to this topic again if I or someone finds another.
guitarist
i did a lot of stupid things when i was younger on this platform and now i am literally stuck with 4 warnings so i cannot screw up a single thing or else i will be banned
p.s. i wanna change my username to Nthuziast but it won't let me so

Palmspringslocator2
YouTube Username: DesertSirens

Re: Ex E.D. Bullards in Redlands, CA

Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:32 am

I have not really heard of Bullards being installed in San Bernardino or Redlands. I know that San Bernardino only had Mobil Directos and Model 5s. Redlands had sirens installed at Texas St and W San Bernardino Ave, somewhere in Downtown Redlands, and Reservoir Canyon. There are some surrounding communities like Mentone and Yucaipa that had sirens, but I am not really sure. I compared the features of these and the rotating ED Bullard, and there are some characteristics that are different. Back then San Bernardino and Redlands were major farming communities outside of the main cities, and some of these places had frost windmills. I think there was an ad somewhere for these frost windmills, and if I remember correctly they looked similar to sirens. If I could find the ad again I will post it here.

Cool finds though, never knew these existed at those places.

Non-Zero
YouTube Username: GSPiedmont425
Discord: pizzaluke#9012

Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:23 am

That windmill is actually a Frost Master. Good find!
proud owner of a thunderbolt 1000A, and a 4/5 Thunderbolt 1000T

Snowpix
YouTube Username: ArxCyberwolf
Discord: snowpix7911

Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:59 am

Is there any evidence of it being a Frost Master? I can't find any information online about them
Just a wolf, siren enthusiast and railfan.
Owner of the Civil Defense Sirens Wiki, the best site for accurate siren information.
https://civil-defense-sirens.fandom.com ... irens_Wiki
Proud owner of an FS&S Model L and Sterling Type F!

ModifiedCyclone125

YouTube Username: Consolidation1282
Discord: Consolidation1282#1282

Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:04 am

Snowpix wrote:
Is there any evidence of it being a Frost Master? I can't find any information online about them

I'll give you what I've found, Just search up "frostmaster 25hp" in google images and you'll find it. the unit seen in the photo that's in google images is located in Lindsay, CA. Allegedly this was made by R.J. Zievers which is the same people who made the Scream-Master sirens, It happens to use the same rotating mechanism as the rotational E.D. Bullard models. They made these for the explicit purpose of blowing the dew around so crops wouldn't freeze in farmlands, How they got the same rotating mechanism from the E.D. Bullard rotational models is beyond me.
Some guy who is interested in Taiwan's siren system as well for a few others,

Have I heard a siren? Yes, The Darley 3V8 In Columbia, CA Doing a noon blast. Do I own a siren? Sort of, A Vixen Horns Hand Crank Siren.

Snowpix
YouTube Username: ArxCyberwolf
Discord: snowpix7911

Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:26 am

ModifiedCyclone125 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:04 am
Snowpix wrote:

I'll give you what I've found, Just search up "frostmaster 25hp" in google images and you'll find it. the unit seen in the photo that's in google images is located in Lindsay, CA. Allegedly this was made by R.J. Zievers which is the same people who made the Scream-Master sirens, It happens to use the same rotating mechanism as the rotational E.D. Bullard models. They made these for the explicit purpose of blowing the dew around so crops wouldn't freeze in farmlands, How they got the same rotating mechanism from the E.D. Bullard rotational models is beyond me.
Huh, looks like you're right!
Just a wolf, siren enthusiast and railfan.
Owner of the Civil Defense Sirens Wiki, the best site for accurate siren information.
https://civil-defense-sirens.fandom.com ... irens_Wiki
Proud owner of an FS&S Model L and Sterling Type F!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”