LockedGamer
New User
YouTube Username: EggedGamer

Tornado Siren graveyards near/in Cowlitz County, WA?

Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:50 am

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this board.

Like the title, is there any graveyards near or in Cowlitz County, in Washington?
I would like to find a siren graveyard. I would prefer to have a federal signal/fedelcode model 2 or 5, or a Thunderbolt, Whelen, 2T22's, or even something like a STH-10. If there's a graveyard anyone knows of, that will let me refurbish/own a siren, it would be great if I could check it out!
I was hoping for a Thunderbolt or something similar. But any siren I provided will be fine, which I'm sure there'll be at least one in a graveyard.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
New Enthusiast, seeking help to find the ways of the sirens.
I own no sirens...

sirensandfirealarms
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127#3917

Re: Tornado Siren graveyards near/in Cowlitz County, WA?

Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:56 am

It's not very likely that you're gonna find anything like that up there. Siren boneyards are pretty difficult to find if they even exist, and in most cases, cities sell their old sirens to scrap rather than keeping them for spare parts (and since this is usually the case, they likely aren't willing to sell them to enthusiasts). Another thing to note is most sirens that would have been in Cowlitz County would have been nuclear sirens for the Trojan Nuclear Power Plant, who sold most of their sirens to other municipalities. If you really want any of those sirens that you mentioned, your best bet is eBay, or a long trip to West Shore Services.
Proud owner of 4 Model As(all in a state of disrepair), a USI siren, and a 16-port rotor from a Sterling M-10.

Bijay
YouTube Username: 5ijay

Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:23 am

Well, a county I know too much about.

So you're referencing Trojan. There is no bone-yard in Cowlitz County. The sirens from Trojan are also long gone. PGE removed them in the Fall of 1993 (yes, the sirens were retained until then) and sold them to anyone willing to purchase them. As you know it, PGE is obviously no-longer doing sales as about 80-85% of the system is now gone. As per the sirens in the cities of Cowlitz County, all the cities had done exchanges with PGE in-order to get the sirens transferred over to them. While renewed interest was brought up in 1993, 1996, and 2001, plans never went through as County Commissioners never believed it being feasible for the county in the first place.
Holler!
Bijay/chefiBG
Your unlocal PNW resident!

Email : [email protected]

LockedGamer
New User
YouTube Username: EggedGamer

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:08 pm

Alright, well thanks for the help. I might have to check out West Shore Services, hopefully I can fly up to Arkansas. Then I might find a place where they will let me do some siren stuff. Hopefully I can swing by West Shore Services while I'm across the country. I know west shore isn't in Arkansas, just to clarify, cause this kind of seems like I think that. Any who, thanks for the info.
Last edited by LockedGamer on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Enthusiast, seeking help to find the ways of the sirens.
I own no sirens...

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”