supermaximax
YouTube Username: supermaximax
Discord: supermaximax

Re: SirenCon™ 2023 Official Information Sticky!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:36 pm

DangerousNoodle wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:47 pm
I want to bring my Model5B but I've no idea how we would even get it out of the car if I did bring it. It's probably about 400 lbs. Any ideas?
If possible, you should rent a Penske truck with a winch in the back and ramp, or an automated lift. Frankie did this last year and the year before with no issues whatsoever. Otherwise it could probably take a group of men to lift it out of your car. We can even talk about this on Discord if you need more tips or help. Shoot me a DM anytime!

DangerousNoodle
YouTube Username: DangerousNoodle
Discord: DangerousNoodle#9263

Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:55 pm

SirenTube wrote:
DangerousNoodle wrote:
I want to bring my Model5B but I've no idea how we would even get it out of the car if I did bring it. It's probably about 400 lbs. Any ideas?
If possible, you should rent a Penske truck with a winch in the back and ramp, or an automated lift. Frankie did this last year and the year before with no issues whatsoever. Otherwise it could probably take a group of men to lift it out of your car. We can even talk about this on Discord if you need more tips or help. Shoot me a DM anytime!

I don't know that seems really expensive to rent a big truck for about 4 four days. Maybe I could rent a trailer or something.
Federal Enterprises Model 5B (Sold), 3 Pianos, 86' Honda Spree, and just way too many Player Piano Rolls.

See all of those things here lol: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGOuOR ... VWYOVt6KOw

supermaximax

Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:40 pm

DangerousNoodle wrote:
SirenTube wrote:
DangerousNoodle wrote:

I don't know that seems really expensive to rent a big truck for about 4 four days. Maybe I could rent a trailer or something.
I meant to say that, but do you or someone you know own a truck that can haul the trailer?

Jaidenlawver2
YouTube Username: JanesvilleSiren2008

Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:41 pm

Aw man, I have a Ohio Trip may end June 2 but I don't know if my parents wants to drive again to take me to Rhinelander. :(

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:44 pm

Maybe I'll bring the 7T and try to run it... That thing's got a ruined motor as far as I know, but it's worth a shot.
"Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on earth's this spell we're under...
We made the grade and still we wonder who the hell we are..."
-Styx, from The Grand Illusion

thun_derbolt1000t
YouTube Username: Fire_SirenProductions
Discord: Fire_SirenProductions

Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:44 pm

DangerousNoodle wrote:
It all depends on what type of car you have. I have a Dodge Grand Caravan and what I usually do is strap down my model 5 on a two-wheeled dolly and walk it down a ramp system. I usually use a reinforced board of wood. Also, make sure you have something to hold the ramp in place so that it does not slide out from underneath you due to the weight of the siren.

Ohio_Warning_Sirens
YouTube Username: Ohio Outdoor Warning Sirens
Discord: Ohio Outdoor Warning Sirens

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:19 pm

DangerousNoodle wrote:
SirenTube wrote:
DangerousNoodle wrote:

If you get it from U-Haul you would need to have a hitch installed on your vehicle which could cost a lot
Owner of a Model D and some random junk.
Currently looking to own a siren so hit me up if you're selling one

Thatblondechik
New User

Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:41 pm

Hello all! Myself, my partner, and our obsessed 5 year old will be joining you from Pennsylvania for our very first SirenCon! I truly can't wait to meet you all.

dat612freakoftoday
Probation
Probation

Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:24 pm

Where is it gonna take place?
World's greatest invention The AR timer
Probably gonna leave from the board soon

supermaximax

Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:31 pm

dat612freakoftoday wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:24 pm
Where is it gonna take place?
Clearly you misread the announcement. As it always has been and ever will be, it's held at the Tesomas Scout Camp in Rhinelander, WI.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”