duckwaddledup

Re: The new T-128 horn design (intentional or not)

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:28 am

SirenMadness wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:48 pm
It looks like one of those fancy citrus-juicers, kinda cool if you ask me. :lol:
Agreed. lol

person person 2319
New User
YouTube Username: personperson2319
Discord: person person 2319

Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:08 am

I thought it was kinda goofy at first, but it's grown on me. It looks very sleek IMO.
  • If a siren peaks at a Concert A, it's automatically cooler!
8-)

FSThunderboltfan1000
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: FSThunderboltfan1000

Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:30 am

Allow me to enlighten you on the new horn design. The old design is not discontinued or completely switched to the new design. In fact the T-128 we are installing Friday, still has the old design. As most of you may know since the days of ACA, ACA, and American Signal never cast their own fiberglass. All fiberglass parts up until the last year or so were cast at Fiberdome in Lake Mills. ASC / ACA always owned the molds, but Fiberdome did the casting. Recently Fiberdome was not able to keep up with demand, so ASC started casting some of their own fiberglass for the T-128. The parts for the T-121, T-112, and T-135 are still solely cast at Fiberdome, but ASC made a 2nd set of molds for the T-128 fiberglass and set up a fiberglass production area at American Signal. All new T-128s with the old design horn use fiberglass parts from Fiberdome and the new T-128s with the new style horn have fiberglass that was cast in-house. I do not know the reason for the slight change in design other than maybe to differentiate easily in the field where the fiberglass was cast. I will say from what I have seen on the production floor there are more T-128s with the new style horn being produced than ones with the old style horn.
Proud owner of rcm1, model 2,2T,Model A, Thunderbolt 1003, AF timer, FS SS1000, 500SHST
Wisconsin siren services
https://www.swssirens.com

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”