agrotred40
YouTube Username: Bigmindcreator

First Generation Federal Signal SD-10?

Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:17 pm

Up in Clarkrange, TN, I got to film this SD-10. It certainly wasn't a typical SD-10. Sounded weaker, had no sound band, and had to be activated manually. Since putting the video up, I'm hearing things about how it needs repair and restoration, it's single phase, or it's a first generation of the siren. Obviously I'm taking all of these with a grain of salt because I have no idea if any of it is true. This siren is at Clarkrange Fire Department and is part of the Fentress County Siren System. Fentress potentially tests on the first Wednesday at noon but I cannot verify whether that's true or not. This video was taken during Tennessee's statewide tornado drill so I knew they were going to test this. Amazingly they tested a half hour before the drill had even begun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CCz0JzvjlU

If anyone can shed some more light on what kind of an SD-10 this is, it'd be much appreciated.
Johnny has three Apples. He gave one away. What is the circumference of the sun?

dat612freakoftoday
Probation
Probation

Re: First Generation Federal Signal SD-10?

Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:06 pm

Well, it kinda looks like one of the ones in LA and basically not sure what the thing is on the top part of the housing

Snowpix
YouTube Username: ArxCyberwolf
Discord: snowpix7911

Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:22 am

That's an SD-10B built between 1954 and 1957, back when the deflection band was optional. The band became standard on all units built after that, so unless this one had a band that fell off, this is an Enterprises/FS&S SD-10B.
Just a wolf, siren enthusiast and railfan.
Owner of the Civil Defense Sirens Wiki, the best site for accurate siren information.
https://civil-defense-sirens.fandom.com ... irens_Wiki
Proud owner of an FS&S Model L and Sterling Type F!

agrotred40
YouTube Username: Bigmindcreator

Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:48 am

dat612freakoftoday wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:06 pm
Well, it kinda looks like one of the ones in LA and basically not sure what the thing is on the top part of the housing
The thing on top is the ring which you would lift it from. It's been either yanked up badly or extended terribly. I don't know why it's like that honestly. I will say that it was moved around the late 2010s, early 2020s to this spot but the ring was yanked up like that even before the move. That's half the reason why I'm unsure about its model or age. I could honestly believe it's a newer model that's been through a lot of abuse as easily as I can believe it's an original SD-10B
Johnny has three Apples. He gave one away. What is the circumference of the sun?

Return to “Videos and Media”