siren_face2000

Sirens in Rapid City and Sioux Falls SD (type of sirens and testing schedule)

Fri May 12, 2023 2:22 am

Does anyone here live in Rapid City or Sioux Falls, SD? I want to know what models of sirens and the testing schedule. Thinking of moving to either one of these places and I want to be informed. I currently live in Aberdeen, SD and the sirens are tested (I believe) every Wednesday evening around 6--6:30 PM.

Non-Zero
YouTube Username: GSPiedmont425
Discord: pizzaluke#9012

Re: Sirens in Rapid City and Sioux Falls SD (type of sirens and testing schedule)

Fri May 12, 2023 3:36 am

Oh wow you have been here for a while.. I believe rapid city is the first and third Saturday each month at 12:00 noon. Sioux Falls is first Friday at 11:00 am. Sioux falls is a mix of 2001s, while rapid city has a large variety. See here. Are you moving to either place solely on the models of sirens installed? https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... f0sx_tzbwr
proud owner of a thunderbolt 1000A, and a 4/5 Thunderbolt 1000T

siren_face2000

Re: Sirens in Rapid City and Sioux Falls SD (type of sirens and testing schedule)

Fri May 12, 2023 10:33 am

No. I'm planning on moving to either place because for me, Aberdeen, SD is too small of a place for me. Sure, we have Walmart, Target, a mall, a bunch of hotels, and a really great downtown area, but as far as jobs go, there's not many available. Moving to a bigger city means I'll have a lot more to do in my spare time, and a more decent chance to find a job that I'm qualified for. (which unfortunately is very few where I live) I'm quite an arcade enthusiast, and I can say that I absolutely LOVE pinball and arcade games. I love trampolines, but I'm also into playing darts and Cornhole. I've already looked at Rapid City and everything that I've seen meets my expectations. I also love swimming and Rapid has plenty of indoor water parks. Still need to do some research into Sioux Falls. I used to be scared of outdoor sirens, such as the famous FS T-bolt as well as the EOWS systems when I was younger. But now, I'm used to them (have been for quite some time) and truly appreciate their purpose.

hewo
Probation
Probation

Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:16 pm

As all of you don't know, I recently took a trip to South Dakota. I stayed in this little town in the heart of the black hills called Hill City (It's a wonderful little town! they have a sterling m-10 and a darley helmet {both inactive} and 2 American Signal EC-4 EClasses {both active}) but i went to rapid city a lot on the trip. after taking a trip around the entire city i can confirm that there are 5 thunderbolts, (the one downtown is 4/5) 7 whelens, (one has a anachronistic ESC-864 controller) 1 American Signal EC4 E-Class, 2 EOWS-115s, 2 ACA Allertronic AL-6000s, (2 more are used by a power plant) and 3 SD-10s. i know Sioux falls has 2001s but i haven't seen one

Return to “Community Systems”