Mitch

AR / AF Timer Parts

Tue May 30, 2023 3:30 pm

Howdy y'all. I am wondering if anyone could lend a hand with this. I am trying to ascertain the part numbers for a few AR/AF timer replacement parts. Please leave a comment if you're familiar with the make and model number for a drop-in replacement of any of the following: 1) 20RPH Synchron clock motor, 2) microswitches, 3) relays, 4) 240VAC to 120VAC step-down transformer, and 5) cam wheel bushings.

The model number on the clock wheel reads Synchron A210LC-6, however, googling that yields basically zero. And if anyone is able, a reference photo of the shaft coming off of the clock motor would be helpful just for verification purposes. I've seen a few different styles on the Synchron clock motors out there, as some look like a spur gear, and others a keyed shaft. Thanks!
-Mitch

flatlandsparky

Re: AR / AF Timer Parts

Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:50 pm

Going off of my AR timer, the two relays are both 120 volt 3PDT 11 pin octal base. The transformer is a 120/240 volt primary and 12 volt secondary, i see nothing on it's va rating, and only 17-7405 stamped on it. Unfortunatley the parts sheet really doesnt provide any more useful information. Hope this helps.

Mitch

Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:31 pm

Hi! Yes, they use 3PDT relays, but they're not octal bases. Octal strictly refers to 8-pin tubes and sockets. Also, that might just be a typo, but the transformers in these do not have a 12V secondary. All of the components inside run off of 110-120VAC. I actually managed to find one AR Timer in my collection that has a transformer with usable demarcations viewable on it. It has a Triad Magnetics N-68X transformer. The specs a primary voltage of 115V and 230V, and a secondary of 115V.
-Mitch

flatlandsparky

Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:46 pm

Mitch wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:31 pm
Hi! Yes, they use 3PDT relays, but they're not octal bases. Octal strictly refers to 8-pin tubes and sockets. Also, that might just be a typo, but the transformers in these do not have a 12V secondary. All of the components inside run off of 110-120VAC. I actually managed to find one AR Timer in my collection that has a transformer with usable demarcations viewable on it. It has a Triad Magnetics N-68X transformer. The specs a primary voltage of 115V and 230V, and a secondary of 115V.
Ill check mine again, I might've metered the wrong points becausd 12 is what my meter showed me.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”