Eclipse DDS
YouTube Username: Civil Defence Fox

Probably not a siren, but just checking

Tue May 30, 2023 5:24 pm

I'm fairly sure that this thing isn't a siren, but I have heard that apparently some people believe that there is a siren in the area around Dixon's Chimney in Carlisle, and I have noticed this thing multiple times when driving past it and thought that it could be a siren? Looks more like pneumatic equipment of some kind, and even has an eye hook. I just wanted to post this on the off-chance that this IS a siren and someone else confirms it despite me suspecting it for ages, in which case I would be very annoyed at myself...

Anyway, someone please clarify what this thing is.

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.8916063 ... ?entry=ttu
A British siren enthusiast. Previously lived at the furthest point from any sirens before co-discovering one very close to where he is located. Also features a great discomfort referring to themselves in third-person.

Sentry88

Re: Probably not a siren, but just checking

Tue May 30, 2023 6:25 pm

Does not look like a siren to me. it does look like you could fit a siren in it, though.
Proud owner of nothing!
Hello, fellow siren enthusiasts. I'm going to be back on the board from time to time but probably won't post much.

MrPerc
New User

Tue May 30, 2023 6:28 pm

Looks like a Sterling, but as Sentry88 said, it also does not look like a siren to me.
I'm new here.

Digisirran

Tue May 30, 2023 7:35 pm

Oh, looking back in April 2009: https://www.google.com/maps/@54.8916201 ... ?entry=ttu

Looked nothing more than a novelty prop for the sign for a motor rewinding company. I think they moved or just moved the display motor.
display_motor_smithandco.PNG

Eclipse DDS
YouTube Username: Civil Defence Fox

Wed May 31, 2023 2:20 pm

Digisirran wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:35 pm
Oh, looking back in April 2009: https://www.google.com/maps/@54.8916201 ... ?entry=ttu

Looked nothing more than a novelty prop for the sign for a motor rewinding company. I think they moved or just moved the display motor.

display_motor_smithandco.PNG
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I just didn’t want to be kicking myself if this turned out to be a siren but I had never said anything about it :D
A British siren enthusiast. Previously lived at the furthest point from any sirens before co-discovering one very close to where he is located. Also features a great discomfort referring to themselves in third-person.

Return to “Mystery Sirens”