Dorianelevator
YouTube Username: TheOfficialDorianelevator

Re: the CICCA siren rabbit hole

Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm

sorry for the second post, i was just siren hunting and found THIS :
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.7275979 ... ?entry=ttu
WHAT ???? like what even is that, no clue... probably some kind of CICCA, but not sure, so if you can tell me then do it.

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:13 pm

Okay that's even weirder. I can't tell if it's got four horns like the Xonrupt unit does but that's definitely a odd one!
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Dorianelevator

Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:29 pm

Darley Champion wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:13 pm
Okay that's even weirder. I can't tell if it's got four horns like the Xonrupt unit does but that's definitely a odd one!
if you look at this google maps (non street view) here https://www.google.com/maps/@44.7272228 ... ?entry=ttu, you can actually see it has 5 horns. even looks like a flower, this is just odd, i wonder what this one sounds like... tho about the Xonrupt 4 horn one, as i said many times, i am going to Videauan to film the test of their siren which just so happens to be the same as Xonrupt's siren but in grey, wonder if it will sound like a 4 port or a 8 port siren... tho, i will find out on april 3rd. tho, about that cursed siren i just found, why 5 horns, thats so oddly specific, 4 horns i can understand thats half of 8 so maybe its just 4 horns and cover on the ports but 5 horns... WHY ? is it because its a 10 port siren with cover on the ports ??? no clue... the rabbit hole of cursed probably CICCA sirens gets deeper...

Darley Champion

Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

It could be a 5 port with a high RPM motor (a la Federal Model 2) just like one of the Ciccas you linked to earlier.

It would sound like a 10 port siren but with half of the ports.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"

Dorianelevator

Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:11 pm

Darley Champion wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm
It could be a 5 port with a high RPM motor (a la Federal Model 2) just like one of the Ciccas you linked to earlier.

It would sound like a 10 port siren but with half of the ports.
maybe, not sure. tho, Barjols does a "water party" at the regional water house on a specific day of "été" which is a season in french and i dont know the name of it in english and it just so happens that the regional water house is where the CICCA siren is located. so i will talk to the manager of this place on that day and tell him questions about the siren, and if they can even sound it off at all, i assume its gonna be a no since that thing has not sounded off ever since the city hall was remplaced by the regional water house. it would be nice if they could. tho its not this month, tho i only realised now that easter is lining up with APRIL FOOLS. are you freaking kidding me, why... but anyways, thats another thing.

Darley Champion

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:07 pm

Ah that would be summer in English... But getting back to the 5 horn Cicca.. It's worth a shot, worse thing they can say is "No", so there's not much risk to be taken there.

Dorianelevator

Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:04 am

Darley Champion wrote:
Ah that would be summer in English... But getting back to the 5 horn Cicca.. It's worth a shot, worse thing they can say is "No", so there's not much risk to be taken there.
its actually 6 horns, not 5, and in one older google maps shot it looks like it had 7 horns, weird... tho its indeed worth it, and thanks for the word summer i completly forgot, tho i have not found any more CICCA sirens for now...

Darley Champion

Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:58 am

Besides the small Ciccas, there's some that look like CEN or Demays, making them a bit harder to distinguish, such as the one my friend had, I vividly remember it said "Sirene Cicca" on the motor tag.

Hell if I knew where the pictures of it went...

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:59 pm

Dorianelevator wrote:
Darley Champion wrote:
its actually 6 horns, not 5, and in one older google maps shot it looks like it had 7 horns, weird... tho its indeed worth it, and thanks for the word summer i completly forgot, tho i have not found any more CICCA sirens for now...
It looks like it had more horns at some point and they just fell off.
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

Dorianelevator

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:25 pm

HudsonRiverSirens wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:59 pm
Dorianelevator wrote:
Darley Champion wrote:
It looks like it had more horns at some point and they just fell off.
maybe, it probably had 7 horns but for some reason one of them fell off, as in a 2008 street view, a 7th horn can be seen, i have no clue...

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”