Greenrid

Re: Is it possible?

Thu May 02, 2024 8:02 pm

HDN wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 1:01 am
Greenrid wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:36 pm
In theory, it could be possible to mount a simple siren upside down. You would need very strong bolts, and depending on the size of the siren you might need even longer bolts or extra reinforcement. Gravity would be pulling the siren down just the same as if it were mounted right side up, to it could be done. If you're talking Thunderbolt or P-50 levels, even if you somehow pulled off mounting it successfully upside-down, it still might break, as they aren't made to be upside down and some components couldn't work properly!
A few appropriately-sized grade 5 or 8 bolts should be able to keep most sirens attached to their structure upside-down no problem.

I kinda doubt that a Thunderbolt blower can operate upside down because of the way oil likely flows around the rotors to keep everything lubricated. Try running any car engine upside-down and see what happens with the engine oil - I imagine the same awful thing might happen to an upside-down roots blower!
It still might possibly work, some Thunderbolt blowers were known to be mounted vertically, like Mineola's loaner 1003.
Proud owner of a E.A Labs Sireane Jr. 12 port siren!

Also the proud owner of the FULL 508 siren map! https://rb.gy/bgjrm1

ThatGuy2020

Thu May 02, 2024 8:32 pm

Well I’ve seen Model As upside down a few times. It is just a smaller Omni directional siren (kind of omni), so it could work with like Model 2/3/5/7s, T22 sirens, Sentries, STHs and STLs. I don’t think a thunder beam would work since it’s a pulley system.
ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
I’m just a furry with some weird interests.
I own 2 sirens. 16+ radios. 5 Cassette players. 4 CD players. 5/16 Wings of Fire books

pineapple

YouTube Username: ThepineappleChanel

Thu May 02, 2024 11:49 pm

In theory, it might be possible. You would have to have the controls and power somewhere, but I suppose that wouldn't be too hard to wire up. If it were under an overpass, it might not be as efficient, and usually the ones around me (in the Dallas Fort Worth area) aren't very tall. But small towns will do anything, and with strong enough bolts anything is possible! I'm sure there is one out there. This is the only one I've ever come across, though. 105 N. Red Bud St.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/qo2898DzrAh2hDGj6

It's a Sireno Type 5.

ACAhurricaneguy

YouTube Username: Sirens of Grimes County

Sun May 05, 2024 3:44 pm

i would think it wouldnt be too hard with a model 2 or A, there would be no reason to but i guess it would work
proud owner of a rare Honeywell/Ademco model 66 siren, 2x ms-190's, a homemade electronic siren, and a 8/12 port mini siren.

TheSirenFan
YouTube Username: MasenMonster

Sun May 05, 2024 7:50 pm

Technically, this one came from the factory mounted upside down.
https://civil-defense-sirens.fandom.com ... Denver.png

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”