Hacksaw

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:03 am

I would love to hear a Tbolt with a perfect 4th rotor. 8)

That would be a custom order.

It looks easier to change the rotor ratios on a Hurricane, since the 2 rotors are separate. Now, finding rotors for a Hurricane would be almost impossible, you'd need a custom one made as well.

ThunderboltFreak

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:36 am

coyoteunknown wrote:
ThunderboltFreak wrote:I was wondering about that to. In common Thunderbolts, does the blower run nonstop during its attack cycle? Or turn on and off with the chopper?
The blower should remain on during the attack cycle, otherwise the wind-down wouldn't be audible over a great distance.
Thanks for the verification on the matter.
Assistant Store Manager at GameStop.

Robert Gift

Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:56 am

Hacksaw wrote:I would love to hear a Tbolt with a perfect 4th rotor. ...
If 5/6, one could cover every other opening of the 6 openings and make it a 3/5 which would sound a Major 6th.
Or cut 4 more openings in the 4/5 and make it 5/8 producing a minor 6th.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:55 pm

I have no idea why Emergency Management here in Louisville messed with the time delays on every last one of our Thunderbolts. They've run them in Attack twice since then, and they sounded like they were turning completely off instead of winding down. The second time they ran them in Attack, they had made the wind-down time shorter, but the blowers were still shutting on and off. I tried to explain the problem to Emergency Management, and this is the response I got.

"A timer on a blower?"

They basically said I didn't know what I was talking about, and they acted like they didn't even know Thunderbolts had blowers! :shock:
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:44 am

Getting back to the original topic, I found out today that I was wrong about the location of the 4/5 port 1000T I used to hear when I was a kid. Instead of being at Lower Hunter's Trace, the siren was at Conway Middle School. My uncle and I determined this after he looked at a map of the city, and I told him where all the sirens were located. The Alertronic on Lower Hunter's Trace wasn't a replacement siren for the 4/5 port 1000T, but it was actually part of a chemical plant, before Emergency Management took control of it. The old 4/5 port 1000T at Conway Middle School was replaced with another 1000T, but one with the standard 5/6 ports. I can actually hear the replacement siren from my apartment. The 4/5 port 1000T may be in service again somewhere in this city, but I'm not sure. It sounded at almost the exact same pitch as KX250Rider's 1000T when it sounded the Attack signal.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”