red04stanggt

Merriam,Kansas T-1000 in alert

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:34 pm

This was today. Im kinda confused they test sirens here 1st wedensday of every month and if the weather is bad they dont do it the rest of the month. The weather was bad last wedensday. Anyways this thing was going off in alert for over 5 minutes. It took me about 2 minutes to get from my house down to it then wahtever I caught on tape. You can hear the blower too at some parts of the video. Enjoy!

SirenMadness

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:48 pm

That is a high-quality video you have there... I haven't seen something this sharp since YouTube first appeared! :P
Great audio.
~ Peter Radanovic

red04stanggt

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:58 pm

SirenMadness wrote:That is a high-quality video you have there... I haven't seen something this sharp since YouTube first appeared! :P
Great audio.
I dont think the quality is that great. I have a base video of it thats like 30mb thats 20x's clearer but I didnt want to wait on the upload. I'm still trying to find a video editing program that will make the files small but GOOD quality

SirenMadness

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:02 pm

In some of the parts where you zoomed in, the quality is pretty decent, IMO.
~ Peter Radanovic

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: Merriam,Kansas T-1000 in alert

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:05 pm

That's great audio too! I could hear the blower throughout the video. It's a shame that you didn't know they were going to be testing the sirens today. Could they have been having a tornado drill?

BTW, where is Merriam, KS, and what county is it in?
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

red04stanggt

Re: Merriam,Kansas T-1000 in alert

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:00 pm

ver tum wrote:That's great audio too! I could hear the blower throughout the video. It's a shame that you didn't know they were going to be testing the sirens today. Could they have been having a tornado drill?

BTW, where is Merriam, KS, and what county is it in?
The blower was a lot louder in person obviously. I thought it was my car or somthing LOL. I've never heard one that loud in person. Merriam is a suburb of Kansas City (Johnson County,KS). Not sure about the Tornado drill. They have never tested in the 2nd wed of the month. Usually if theres a drill its all over the news the day before/day of.

red04stanggt

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Most of the Tbolts in the Shawnee/Lenexa/Merriam/Overland Park are in top notch and taken care of. This video im posting in this reply I have posted it on here but the T-1000 at the end of this video sits in a Elementary School property. They just built a new school directly behind it which they just moved into it/students and all last month. They are getting ready to tear the old school down which sits right behind the T-bolt. I heard they are replacing that Tbolt with FS 2001. My dad works for the city and I will make SURE I get that t-bolt. BTW all 3 of these sirens are within a mile of my house. THeres TONS around here

http://media.putfile.com/Shawneesirens

kswx29

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 pm

This years Kansas-Missouri Statewide Tornado Drill takes part March 11th at 1:30PM. Man, this summer (when i can drive alone) i am going to have to go to Johnson County and get a video of one of their thunderbolts, they sound awesome!
How come they didn't test in Attack?
Oh, and do you know the location (or area) of this siren? I have a siren map of Johnson County but not with the models.
EDIT:
How come you don't put theses videos on youtube?
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:11 pm

2t22boy wrote:This years Kansas-Missouri Statewide Tornado Drill takes part March 11th at 1:30PM. Man, this summer (when i can drive alone) i am going to have to go to Johnson County and get a video of one of their thunderbolts, they sound awesome!
How come they didn't test in Attack?
Oh, and do you know the location (or area) of this siren? I have a siren map of Johnson County but not with the models.
EDIT:
How come you don't put theses videos on youtube?
You're going to have a hard time finding any thunderbolts in southern to central johnson county. Much of the area here in the county has replaced their old sirens with the 2001's. However, on i35 around shawnee, there is quite a few thunder bolts up there. There's another location i think in mission, KS with a 2001 and thunderbolt no farther than half a mile from one another. When i checked, tbolt still have its power connected. Will try to be up there later this summer recording those two going off... :)

Much of the sirens that i was going to record this year were replaced by 2001's. :|

red04stanggt is correct, "Most of the Tbolts in the Shawnee/Lenexa/Merriam/Overland Park are in top notch and taken care of." Only one siren that i have seen in that area that is in a bad condition, however it seems to be a industrial section of the city. It's off of i35 near Watts Up [light bulb store]. :)

EDIT: I really wanted that Thunderbeam down by Spring Hill, ks... was taken down and replaced by a 2001 a few hundred feet away. Same with some sirens around Johnson county and even the areas down south of me. Would have loved to get my hands on the STL-10 and even the model 2 i saw down in Garnett if i remember right. Also while i was down in that area, snapped a few pictures in Greeley KS of this older siren. I can't remember the name of this siren off the top of my head, but back a couple years ago when i was in the area, siren sounded for a fire call, was a good 500ft away from this siren and it was still hurting my ears. :P

kswx29

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:45 am

That's a Sentry...not to old of a siren.
I also want to get to De Soto (Near the old Sunflower Army Ammunition Plant) to get the Thunderbeam in Alert and Attack...mainly because of the attack.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

Return to “Videos and Media”