RamFett

2001 Attack Video

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:40 am

Federal Signal 2001DC in Livonia MI sounding in attack. Video shot by youtube user Siren1000T. I must admit that I am highly envious of his audio quality! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOI-LCGRRBM

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: 2001 Attack Video

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:44 am

I wish I knew what video camera he's using to get that excelent audio quality! About the siren, that's the lowest pitched 2001 I've ever heard. It reminds me of either a Model 5 or a Thunderbeam. It could be underpowered.

Also, on all of the 2001 sirens I've heard, there's a low undertone distinct to that series. It sounds like motor noise, but I'm not sure what it is. Any ideas?
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

RamFett

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:26 pm

ver tum wrote: Also, on all of the 2001 sirens I've heard, there's a low undertone distinct to that series. It sounds like motor noise, but I'm not sure what it is. Any ideas?
I noticed that, too. I sort of wonder if a motor could really be audible with the siren it's powering being as loud as it is. Anybody else have any suggestions as to what that noise is?

Federal Signal 2001

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:18 am

I hear this sound every first wednesday at 1:00 PM, Heard it today actually, the one at the high school is messed up and is really low pitched, lower than this one! We have about 6 of these in town and some other fire siren.

Federal Signal 2001

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:23 am

RamFett wrote:
ver tum wrote: Also, on all of the 2001 sirens I've heard, there's a low undertone distinct to that series. It sounds like motor noise, but I'm not sure what it is. Any ideas?
I noticed that, too. I sort of wonder if a motor could really be audible with the siren it's powering being as loud as it is. Anybody else have any suggestions as to what that noise is?
I think that undertone is the air being pulled up the intake and pushed through the siren, because my friend and I both heard this sound, we stood directly under the pole while the camera was recording our video of the 2001 DC, and you could hear a low but powerful vaccum cleaner like sound of air rushing, you could also hear the motor kick in too and run while the siren was sounding.

I hear this sound every first wednesday at 1:00 PM, Heard it today actually, the one at the high school is messed up and is really low pitched, lower than this one! We have about 6 of these in town and some other fire siren.

Return to “Videos and Media”