Corey Hudson

Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:49 am

Amazing! I feel like i'm there! :shock:
Great Job!
-Corey-

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:59 am

One weird thing I should mension about today's drill, it wasn't but an hour after the drill, that the weather radio went off for a severe thunderstorm warning for several counties to our south! The weather radio went off several times after that as well, for flash flood warnings. I wonder how many people actually thought that drill was a real tornado warning. It was about an inch from being canceled, but fortunately for John and I, they went on ahead with it anyway.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

mhmcdonal

Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:05 am

Listen to that coverage... I hear a lot of Thunderbolts. Now that's a quality recording. I think the request for a system-wide recording has been fulfilled :)

ver tum

Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:14 am

mhmcdonal wrote:Listen to that coverage... I hear a lot of Thunderbolts. Now that's a quality recording. I think the request for a system-wide recording has been fulfilled :)
Thanks! According to the local siren map, there are a whole lot of sirens in the east end of Louisville, where my recording was made. I could hear at least seven during the wind-up, and eight or nine, maybe more, during the wind-down. I think that's more than I can hear at my grandparents' house.
Josh
Audio
YouTube

Minerva Mink

Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:17 am

Hey Josh, That seems to be about the same with the location I recorded from, But there seemed to be more sirens on the wind down than up. From the sound of things you got alot better recording with your recorder than i did. I had this cheap MP3 player to record on that died on me, but our luck didn't turn out that bad. By the way most of the sirens you heard either from my vantage point or Josh's vantage point we have pictures of for the others who did not all ready know.

ver tum

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:02 am

Hey John, do you know what series blower that Waggener Thunderbolt has? It didn't sound like the typical B series blowers we have on most of our Thunderbolts. Could they have put a C series blower in it, or is that just a lower pitched B series blower?
Josh
Audio
YouTube

Minerva Mink

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:29 am

It's a Series C blower, When I was up by the siren when i left school after Waggener's blood drive, which I was lightheaded and exzausted and not to mention i had to drop that crossarm from the L&N because my body couldn't carry 55 Lbs at the time, I remember seeing the blower ID tag saying the model number which was B129870, and the serial was CD243875, and then It said phase 3, and volt's 240, then it finally said the Series class and It was a C. But considering that Tbolt is right in someone's backyard, literally..... :!: they went with a series C blower i guess.

ver tum

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:37 am

Minerva Mink wrote:It's a Series C blower, When I was up by the siren when i left school after Waggener's blood drive, which I was lightheaded and exzausted and not to mention i had to drop that crossarm from the L&N because my body couldn't carry 55 Lbs at the time, I remember seeing the blower ID tag saying the model number which was B129870, and the serial was CD243875, and then It said phase 3, and volt's 240, then it finally said the Series class and It was a C. But considering that Tbolt is right in someone's backyard, literally..... :!: they went with a series C blower i guess.

I thought so. It reminded me of the blowers on some of Hawaii's Thunderbolts. I listened to that recording several times just to be sure, and it still sounded like a C series blower to me. Isn't that an old 1000 that was converted into a 1000T?
Josh
Audio
YouTube

Minerva Mink

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:54 am

Isn't that an old 1000 that was converted into a 1000T?

I think your right, because a couple of years ago I saw a city crew taking just the siren head off the pole and taking it apart. Thats when i thought to myself well all be darn there replacing the *** thunderbolt. But apperently they put It back up on the pole with a 1000T chopper because they did this all In about 3 hours time. Then came the test to see If It worked and It sounded way too different because it wasn't single tone anymore, It was duel toned. I'm sorry i didn't get a recording because i was not able to afford a MP3 player or anything at the time. I was broke literally :( [/quote]

kagome122885

Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:08 am

Now that sounds scary! A good recording of Thunderbolts!
Federal Signal Thunderbolt Series, still the King of Air Raid Sirens!

Return to “Videos and Media”