FedTB

"Storm Chasers" show with siren audio

Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:47 pm

I'm surprised no one has posted about the show "Storm Chasers" and all of the siren audio it has. Mostly I've been hearing a Federal 2001 in the attack mode, but I'm pretty sure it's been stock footage, because they'll be driving along and one of the chasers will say, "Is that a torndo siren?" or, "There goes the tornado sirens," and they'll be driving down the road a distance and the siren remains loud, not like it fades off as they drive away.

Anyway, some very cool footage of tornadoes! I love that show. :D Last night's new episode was pretty awesome.

TSMaster5150

Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:23 pm

Yeah I just found out about that show not too long ago and I must say it has some great up close footage of wicked tornadoes. I agree with the siren sound; it seems that every time the sirens go off it's the exact same sound as the last time. I did notice though in last nights episode where the siren was going off and the power went out and the siren cut off. Most people don't know that older sirens won't run without power but you never know.

kswx29

Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:52 pm

A while back one of the teams was driving thru some town in Kansas and a sentry went off and they were talking about how creepy it was to hear a siren, and know it was impacting peoples lives and blah blah, but they even showed some of the sentry.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

Banshee_DUDE

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:05 am

2t22boy wrote:A while back one of the teams was driving thru some town in Kansas and a sentry went off and they were talking about how creepy it was to hear a siren, and know it was impacting peoples lives and blah blah, but they even showed some of the sentry.
It's at 2:04 of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zniSDZQV ... re=related
Looks like a Sentry 10V2T.
What else am I suppose to do? Read a book?

Mr.Thunderbolt

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:52 am

I watched Storm Chasers last night. Instead of the 2001 sound, they threw in that genaric siren sound. I was a little upset, since I liked the 2001 sound.
Time casts a spell on you, but you won't forget me......

EOWS 612

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:09 am

That's a 15V2T, actually.

Matt
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:23 am

EOWS 612 wrote:That's a 15V2T, actually.
Its hard to tell because its so blury. I vote ites a 10V2T

Moderator edit: Please use correct grammar when posting.
videogamer
Matt Ullman

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:11 am

That's a Sentry 10V2T. Definately. You can even see the different lengths of the horns, just like the picture on Sentry's website: http://sentrysiren.com/warningsirens.php4?section=10V2T
I pressed the rewind button on my remote like 99999 times looking at that siren when the episode first aired, listening to it, and making out the model of it :wink:
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

ACAP10

Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:15 am

You can actually hear a siren if you have headphones on until about :40

FedTB

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:04 am

Concerning the Kearney, Nebraska tornado on tonight's episode, the stock siren audio is (as we all know!) a Federal 2001 in the 'Attack' mode, but you can also hear the real Kearney sirens going off, which had a higher-pitched tone, which could've been a Whelen WPS-3016 or an ASC T-128.

There are several videos on Youtube of the same tornado, and one features a 2T22 in 'Attack' mode sounding in Kearney.

Tonight's episode was the best so far, not so much for the siren audio but for the tornado action! Great footage of true-to-life out-in-the-storm chasin'!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”