The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3190 posts ]  Go to page « 1315 316 317 318 319
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:24 pm 

loukycheckinin wrote: *
carexpertandy wrote: *
Of any old sirens believed to still be active, there are videos of each.

In Hamilton County, the most interesting sirens remaining in the system are the four early 90s generation 2001-SRNs in Sharonville, as well as the Excel T-128 in Harrison Township. Some of the guys got videos of the T-128 a few months ago, while someone recorded a rescheduled growl test of a Sharonville 2001 a few weeks ago, and it may be cool to see a full alert activation of one.

Out in Clermont County, there are a ton of older sirens active, many of which were refurbished by Werden.

Many videos on YouTube now, but you could go to Elmwood Place at 9:00pm any day of the week to record the HOR Siro-Drone curfew blast.
Awesome thank you! I stumbled across a grey Thunderbolt on Mt. Carmel Tobasco Rd. last month and at the time there was no T-128 nearby that I could find, so was wondering if it was active. After posting here I found the Ohio Statewide Map, and according to it, there's lots of bolts and Model 5's active just east of Cincy proper (one of which is the aforementioned Thunderbolt I came across last month), which aligns perfectly with you telling me Clermont County still has older sirens.

I am sure they're all on YT, but it's more about hearing them in-person for myself while I still can (which should be painfully obvious looking at my YT channel, even though I always record every test I can lol). I haven't even uploaded my video of Louisville's sirens running ATTACK for last week's Tornado Warning. :-/

I'll probably head out to Clermont Co. to get one of the older sirens, but I have earmarked the 2001's in Sharonville as well.

Thank you for your help!
Was the grey Thunderbolt on Mt. Carmel next to a sports complex? I've got a recording of that one, but another one I'd like to get is the grey Thunderbolt on top of Clough Pike Elementary. I still have yet to figure out if it's set to chopper level 7, or if I'm just hearing weird overtones during tests. I'm also curious to see if Hamilton/ Clermont will test tomorrow, as there is a low level severe weather threat...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:41 am 

Phone Goat wrote: *

In Hamilton County, the most interesting sirens remaining in the system are the four early 90s generation 2001-SRNs in Sharonville, as well as the Excel T-128 in Harrison Township. Some of the guys got videos of the T-128 a few months ago, while someone recorded a rescheduled growl test of a Sharonville 2001 a few weeks ago, and it may be cool to see a full alert activation of one.

Out in Clermont County, there are a ton of older sirens active, many of which were refurbished by Werden.

Many videos on YouTube now, but you could go to Elmwood Place at 9:00pm any day of the week to record the HOR Siro-Drone curfew blast.
Awesome thank you! I stumbled across a grey Thunderbolt on Mt. Carmel Tobasco Rd. last month and at the time there was no T-128 nearby that I could find, so was wondering if it was active. After posting here I found the Ohio Statewide Map, and according to it, there's lots of bolts and Model 5's active just east of Cincy proper (one of which is the aforementioned Thunderbolt I came across last month), which aligns perfectly with you telling me Clermont County still has older sirens.

I am sure they're all on YT, but it's more about hearing them in-person for myself while I still can (which should be painfully obvious looking at my YT channel, even though I always record every test I can lol). I haven't even uploaded my video of Louisville's sirens running ATTACK for last week's Tornado Warning. :-/

I'll probably head out to Clermont Co. to get one of the older sirens, but I have earmarked the 2001's in Sharonville as well.

Thank you for your help!
I have an extensive map of Clermont County, if you'd like a link send me a Private Message.

Sent! Thank's so much!
maxshaw wrote: *

Thank you for your help!
Was the grey Thunderbolt on Mt. Carmel next to a sports complex? I've got a recording of that one, but another one I'd like to get is the grey Thunderbolt on top of Clough Pike Elementary. I still have yet to figure out if it's set to chopper level 7, or if I'm just hearing weird overtones during tests. I'm also curious to see if Hamilton/ Clermont will test tomorrow, as there is a low level severe weather threat...
Yep- I'm referring to the one by the sports complex.

I'm planning to get to the area around 9:30 tomorrow to go scouting to figure out which one I'd like to hear in-person for the test. With school being out right now and that bolt on top of Clough Pike Elementary being in plain site of the parking lot, maybe that's the one I'll get.

I really hope they don't cancel tomorrow. I may look up the EMA's number and give them a shout before I find myself just sitting there still at 12:30 wasting my time lol.

Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:20 am 

YouTube Username: Josh Reed
I got out to the Thunderbolt 1000T at State Route 132 and Middleboro Road in Warren County today and it was a SUCCESS! It was a great test! This was the third time I visited this siren for testing. The first couple times it didn't go off. The first time something must've been wrong with it because the rest of the system worked while this one remained silent. The second time Warren County cancelled the test due to the risk of severe weather that day. The third time, today, it went off and worked perfectly! Happy that it's working again! I posted a video of it in the Videos and Media section.

On a side note... Christian Bricking (AKA 4J25) told me via Snapchat that he visited the ACA Allertor in Batavia for the test. He informed me after that it failed to sound and that there were firefighters there to check its operation. Good thing there were because it'll probably be repaired.

Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1000BT and a Model A.

My YouTube Channel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:15 pm 

YouTube Username: NASirenProductions
Discord: Nik
Sifed1 wrote: *

On a side note... Christian Bricking (AKA 4J25) told me via Snapchat that he visited the ACA Allertor in Batavia for the test. He informed me after that it failed to sound and that there were firefighters there to check its operation. Good thing there were because it'll probably be repaired.
I told Jeremy M that it it wouldn't work, and I guess this month I was correct!

How'd everyone else's tests go? And did HamCo actually test this month?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:56 pm 

I went out to the P-15 on top of the Union Twp. FD in Eastgate, it was the first P-15 that I've heard in person! It hiccuped on the wind up, but everything else was fine. Where is the Allertor in Batavia? Maybe I'll get that one next month if it's operational...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:06 pm 

It's located behind the Batavia Mayor's Office. It's been on and off in terms of functionality for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:40 pm 

YouTube Username: Oldiesmann
I got blasted by the 2001 at Kellogg and Sutton on Wednesday. I was out at Coney Island enjoying the pool at the time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:43 pm 

YouTube Username: carexpertandy
Of course the smoke stack was torn down, but the old Hudepohl Thunderbolt still stands, as of today.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:41 pm 

Speaking of Clough Pike Elementary, I just drove by there today and saw that it was fenced off and it looked like they might be getting ready to tear it down or do some remodeling... We'll see what happens to the Thunderbolt there. I'd like to think that it wouldn't be scrapped, since Clermont County still has plenty of old sirens, but who knows.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:49 pm 

maxshaw wrote: *
Speaking of Clough Pike Elementary, I just drove by there today and saw that it was fenced off and it looked like they might be getting ready to tear it down or do some remodeling... We'll see what happens to the Thunderbolt there. I'd like to think that it wouldn't be scrapped, since Clermont County still has plenty of old sirens, but who knows.
They take pretty decent care of their old sirens and seeing that they've kept that one running for a long time i'd like to think they'll re-install it or put it on a pole, but if the radio and controls are in the building or they can't get it off... it's lights out.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3190 posts ]  Go to page « 1315 316 317 318 319