Rivian_Kid

YouTube Username: Rivian Kid

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:21 am

Does anyone know why the EOWS 1212 by Crosby Elementary is still standing, despite having a T-128 on the road behind it?

CincyTboltman
YouTube Username: W202fan

Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:39 pm

Rivian_Kid wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:21 am
Does anyone know why the EOWS 1212 by Crosby Elementary is still standing, despite having a T-128 on the road behind it?
It may still be standing due to the cost of removal. Some of the sirens in the old system cost more than the value of the siren itself to remove. For example, the Park Place 1000 would have cost $2000 to remove versus leaving it there.
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:38 pm

Last I knew, the Crosby Elementary and Shandon 1212s were the only two still standing.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:34 pm

Anyone know if Butler County's radio issues have been fixed? Last month during the test there was a glitch where sirens in the City of Hamilton and possibly elsewhere throughout the county did not activate, and only some of the county's sirens did. Apparently someone had called OEM and they were going to get the contractor out there, but I have no idea if that actually has occurred.

I am at home from Akron right now due to some ongoing issues, and was hoping to maybe catch a test of the Sirex again to get a better video of it than I did in 2019, but might just be safer doing a Warren County 2001 or something, idk.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

CincyTboltman
YouTube Username: W202fan

Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:53 pm

Something is going on with Massie Township's Thunderbolt 1003. It hasn't activated for the past 2 tests. I wonder if something is wrong with the reversed blower? I know that Werden Electric has been out there several times to fix it, replacing blown fuses.
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:46 pm

If it isn't activating at all, that directly points to either a radio or power issue. It may have been turned off while it's being worked on or the RTU on the siren is not functioning.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

Josh R
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SWOhioSirens

Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:30 pm

CincyTboltman wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:53 pm
Something is going on with Massie Township's Thunderbolt 1003. It hasn't activated for the past 2 tests. I wonder if something is wrong with the reversed blower? I know that Werden Electric has been out there several times to fix it, replacing blown fuses.
I drive by that siren every day on my way to and from work and I’ve noticed the same thing! It doesn’t appear to change directions after test days. They need to get someone out there to repair whatever is wrong with it.
Josh Reed
Moderator of The Siren Board
23, Ohio

Owner of a Federal Thunderbolt 1000BT, an AR Timer, and a gray 12 volt siren.

My YouTube Channel

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:13 pm

I’ve noticed that siren sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:04 pm

This afternoon, there was a tornado warning that included southeast Warren County. As I was leaving work, I was surprised to find the 2001-SRNB in Mason facing a different direction. My office has no windows, so we’re typically unaware of weather conditions or any outdoor activity just from being inside there. Obviously, there was no need for anyone in Mason to take shelter. Warren County must not have any capability of selecting which sirens to activate like Hamilton County does. IIRC, don’t the Cities of Franklin and Lebanon each have their own system? What about other jurisdictions in the county?
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Josh R
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SWOhioSirens

Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:15 am

carexpertandy wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:04 pm
This afternoon, there was a tornado warning that included southeast Warren County. As I was leaving work, I was surprised to find the 2001-SRNB in Mason facing a different direction. My office has no windows, so we’re typically unaware of weather conditions or any outdoor activity just from being inside there. Obviously, there was no need for anyone in Mason to take shelter. Warren County must not have any capability of selecting which sirens to activate like Hamilton County does. IIRC, don’t the Cities of Franklin and Lebanon each have their own system? What about other jurisdictions in the county?
I’m not sure about which communities do and don’t control their systems separately in Warren County, but I do know that Lebanon’s sirens are controlled separately from the county. Sirens in many of the outlying rural areas and municipalities (Harveysburg/Massie Township for example) are controlled by Warren County Dispatch.
Josh Reed
Moderator of The Siren Board
23, Ohio

Owner of a Federal Thunderbolt 1000BT, an AR Timer, and a gray 12 volt siren.

My YouTube Channel

Return to “Community Systems”