The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Mon May 23, 2022 12:23 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3432 posts ]  Go to page « 1338 339 340 341 342344 »
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:05 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:38 am
Posts: 85
YouTube Username: W202fan
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Karma: 1
Hamilton in Butler County tested today. I heard the 508 on University Boulevard loud and clear. I heard a 1000T as well, but I'm not sure where that one was.

_________________
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:08 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:38 am
Posts: 85
YouTube Username: W202fan
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Karma: 1
I went out to the Massie Township 1003 and noticed 2 things. One: the tilting pole that the siren sits on has been corrected. It's not leaning anymore. 2. It's now pointing northeast instead of southwest like it was last month.

Also, I went in behind the fire station to take a look at the 2 Thunderbolt horns they have sitting back there. They were much bigger than I thought they would be. My understanding is that these will be used as parts for the 1000T and 1003.

I'm planning to record the 1003 in January since there aren't any videos of it. Hopefully it sounds as it should.

_________________
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:33 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:46 am
Posts: 312
Real Name: Kurt
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781
Location: SW Ohio (& NE Ohio)
Karma: 5
CincyTboltman wrote: *
I went out to the Massie Township 1003 and noticed 2 things. One: the tilting pole that the siren sits on has been corrected. It's not leaning anymore. 2. It's now pointing northeast instead of southwest like it was last month.

Also, I went in behind the fire station to take a look at the 2 Thunderbolt horns they have sitting back there. They were much bigger than I thought they would be. My understanding is that these will be used as parts for the 1000T and 1003.

I'm planning to record the 1003 in January since there aren't any videos of it. Hopefully it sounds as it should.
That siren is usually hit-or-miss in terms of whether or not it picks up the radio signal or not, from my understanding/experience. I tried it in February 2020 and it did not go off, but the other Massie Twp. T-Bolt a few miles away did. It worked when I was at the other T-Bolt, but that was back in April of 2020; the blower is wired backwards.

_________________
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:39 am 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:38 am
Posts: 85
YouTube Username: W202fan
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Karma: 1
fire_freak_57 wrote: *
CincyTboltman wrote: *
I went out to the Massie Township 1003 and noticed 2 things. One: the tilting pole that the siren sits on has been corrected. It's not leaning anymore. 2. It's now pointing northeast instead of southwest like it was last month.

Also, I went in behind the fire station to take a look at the 2 Thunderbolt horns they have sitting back there. They were much bigger than I thought they would be. My understanding is that these will be used as parts for the 1000T and 1003.

I'm planning to record the 1003 in January since there aren't any videos of it. Hopefully it sounds as it should.
That siren is usually hit-or-miss in terms of whether or not it picks up the radio signal or not, from my understanding/experience. I tried it in February 2020 and it did not go off, but the other Massie Twp. T-Bolt a few miles away did. It worked when I was at the other T-Bolt, but that was back in April of 2020; the blower is wired backwards.
Yeah, I've heard of this particular siren not activating before. I know that Werden Electric has been called out to fix this siren multiple times, along with the 1000T next to Spillway Party Supply. From reading the Massie Township
meeting minutes concerning this siren, a fuse keeps tripping on this 1003 occasionally. This has been keeping the 1003 from activating from time to time, along with the radio issue. Werden was called out to reprogram the 1003 and 1000T, since they both had issues with remote activation.

From what I understand, both the 1003 and 1000T should be activating properly now.

_________________
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:41 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 2970
Real Name: Andy A.
YouTube Username: carexpertandy
Location: Finneytown/Springfield Twp. (Cincinnati), Ohio
Karma: 5
Hamilton County has decided to still conduct the growl test today, despite the cold temps and little bit of snow on the ground.

_________________
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:59 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:46 am
Posts: 312
Real Name: Kurt
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781
Location: SW Ohio (& NE Ohio)
Karma: 5
Unsure if this has been mentioned here at all. It's not too big of a development nonetheless, but Mason this year begun replacing their 2001-DC's (the older "Squareback" units) with 2001-130's. It's part of a capital improvement project the city is doing to upgrade the system. I'm not too active on this platform but heard about this over the spring/summer months.

Unsure why they don't just get new boxes/controllers for them as it's significantly cheaper, but a similar thing was done recently in Tipp City up in Miami County where the 2001-SRNs there from '97 were replaced with new 2001-130s in 2019 and 2021.

2 new units were installed a few months ago by WSS, replacing the older sirens I believe in the same locations. I imagine they will do what Tipp City did and replace the rest of the older 2001's of the same age over time.
[ attachment ]
masoncity replace siren.PNG [ 126.28 KiB | Viewed 385 times ]

_________________
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:14 am 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 2970
Real Name: Andy A.
YouTube Username: carexpertandy
Location: Finneytown/Springfield Twp. (Cincinnati), Ohio
Karma: 5
I wonder if they will replace the SRNB as well. I believe it may have replaced an older 2001 of the same age as the others.

_________________
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:36 am 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:38 am
Posts: 85
YouTube Username: W202fan
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Karma: 1
Interesting. I wonder if Deerfield Township's 2001-SRN will be part of the upgrade. It's the one at Cottel Park that is up the street from me. If so, I may even try to acquire it. I know it was put in around 1998 before the Blue Ash Tornado of 1999. Federal Field upgraded the controls and battery box a couple of years ago.

I didn't know that Mason was planning to replace all sirens. I wonder if Federal Field is installing the new ones? They pushed the 2001-130 over the 508 many times, although the 508 covers more.

_________________
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:47 am 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:38 am
Posts: 85
YouTube Username: W202fan
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Karma: 1
I've heard that the 2001 on Butler Warren next to Trinity Church replaced a Thunderbolt that covered Voice Of America Metropark, since it used to be a military base decades ago. This could be a rumor, since I haven't found many records about it.

_________________
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:16 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:46 am
Posts: 312
Real Name: Kurt
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781
Location: SW Ohio (& NE Ohio)
Karma: 5
CincyTboltman wrote: *
Interesting. I wonder if Deerfield Township's 2001-SRN will be part of the upgrade. It's the one at Cottel Park that is up the street from me. If so, I may even try to acquire it. I know it was put in around 1998 before the Blue Ash Tornado of 1999. Federal Field upgraded the controls and battery box a couple of years ago.

I didn't know that Mason was planning to replace all sirens. I wonder if Federal Field is installing the new ones? They pushed the 2001-130 over the 508 many times, although the 508 covers more.
Federal Field does not install them, WSS of Allendale, MI does. Federal Field only does service calls when stuff breaks.

As far as I’m aware, Federal Signal does not provide parts support for the 2001-SRN any longer due to its belt driven rotation assembly.
Might be a good idea to at least get some on film before they’re gone.

_________________
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3432 posts ]  Go to page « 1338 339 340 341 342344 »

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited