Travis
YouTube Username: DL1011

Werden "Field Trip"

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:08 pm

:!: Let me start out by politely asking y'all to not contact Werden about these sirens. I spoke with their sales manager, and at this time, none of the sirens you see below are for sale. These sirens aren't going anywhere, for the time being. Werden is in the process of cleaning up and reorganizing things around the shop. Again, please do not contact Werden about these, as they already have an overwhelming amount of work, and would prefer not to be burdened with enthusiasts or potential buyers calling and emailing. Thanks :!:

I had the privilege of going out to Werden a few weeks ago to look at their operation. They have many sirens, though as you can see, quite a few are in rough condition/"well seasoned." All of the big sirens over about 5 hp you see below (including tbolts), are all 3-phase. You will also note that most of these sirens are controllerless. The destroyed T-128 you see was the one that the church pastor decided to take down. The new siren in the crate is the replacement. I already posted the Hurricane pictures, so I left them out. Ask any questions you may have on this thread.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
[and in case you wanted to know, wearing flipflops to a siren lot isn't a good idea]

Image Image Image Image

Matt
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Wow thats a real treat!!! I didnt know that T-128s are made of cardboard (what looks like the material) Hope you thanked him alot! That siratone 115 and 612 horns looks amazing! Is the SD-10 on his shop?
videogamer
Matt Ullman

coppercarl
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: TheWeatherGuys

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:44 pm

Isn't it a federal offense to tamper with outdoor warning sirens? I would consider knocking down a siren tampering with it. The pastor should be sent to jail for committing a federal offense.
Ian Tate
Facebook

CJ

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:48 pm

videogamer wrote:I didnt know that T-128s are made of cardboard (what looks like the material)
Haha, that fibreglass does actually look like cardboard and looks like it got ripped up like cardboard.

Nice pics, sirenkid. I get what you mean about flipflops, i guess you managed to do something to your feet (ow!)
~Charlie J.

Jim_Ferer

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:01 pm

coppercarl wrote:Isn't it a federal offense to tamper with outdoor warning sirens? I would consider knocking down a siren tampering with it. The pastor should be sent to jail for committing a federal offense.
Not that I'm aware of. Vandalism and malicious mischief are good enough offenses anyway.

CinWx

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:02 pm

I see there's a Sterling H sitting there with torn up stator covers and missing the motor cover...gotta wonder where that came from :) Also another double headed siren in the adjacent pictures.

That yellow model 5 might of been removed from the Dunlap firehouse in Colerain Township.

That SD-10 on the pole is controlled by Hamilton County (it's on the siren list).

coppercarl
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: TheWeatherGuys

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Jim_Ferer wrote:
coppercarl wrote:Isn't it a federal offense to tamper with outdoor warning sirens? I would consider knocking down a siren tampering with it. The pastor should be sent to jail for committing a federal offense.
Not that I'm aware of. Vandalism and malicious mischief are good enough offenses anyway.
What the pastor did was vandalism.
Ian Tate
Facebook

Travis

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:51 pm

videogamer wrote:Wow thats a real treat!!! I didnt know that T-128s are made of cardboard (what looks like the material) Hope you thanked him alot! That siratone 115 and 612 horns looks amazing! Is the SD-10 on his shop?

The siren is actually in the parking lot. As someone else mentioned, it is an active unit in the Hamilton Co. system.
-The Princess

Jpressman8

Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:28 am

There was a post on here about a month ago from Werden Electric. A few of these were for sale at one time.
five liter V8

Travis

Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:57 am

Jpressman8 wrote:There was a post on here about a month ago from Werden Electric. A few of these were for sale at one time.
At one point, they all were. This, however, changed when they retracted their offer due to higher priorities:

-Winning a bid for some siren work
-Major renovations to their facilities, websites, and operation

As much as we'd love for these companies to live for our needs, they have a job to do, and money to make. Investing a large amount of time in trying to get rid of sirens and decipher obsessing 12-year-olds from serious buyers is tedious, and is something they cannot afford to do right now. At some point these sirens may again be fore sale, but for now, they are just going to sit.
Last edited by Travis on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-The Princess

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”