1000Bthunderbolt

My Vermont Thunderbolt Siren

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:21 am

Here are some pictures of my siren that I got in vermont. I got if for free because I told my buddy Godfrey I would help him try and sell the sirens he has. I was able to aquire a small trailer for it at a cheap price. It is bolted up from the bottom of the trailer into the bottom of the pallet. I also have a pressure treated platform all setup for my enclosed RCM and AF Timer, which will be wired up one day. The blower is a single phase which is nice and was the only single phase Tbolt up in Brattleboro,VT. I have it all prepped and primed ready for paint. I also have the newer style screen for it wich as you can see is off of it at the moment.

Mac

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:05 am

Awful nice looking!

Whats a single phase T.B. like that go for?
Sterling M-5, Sterling Mechanical Siren Timer, Federal Electric Co. Type B, Federal C3 1/2, Secomak VS1, Federal Type A (Coded & Standard), AF Timer, various other sirens \ controls

markslimm

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:41 am

Can't wait to see it in Action! :D
Mark E. Slimm.

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:39 pm

I take it that's the one with the Baldor blower motor. It's starting to look great. Have you ran it at all yet? I'm going to make another trip up there to grab that RC5W I saw when I picked up the 3T22 if no one else has once the weather gets warmer. Looking forward to seeing it once it's finished, and hopefully hear it.
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:13 pm

You know when I agreed to do that rewire on that RCM it was on the understanding that your siren was going back into service.
You said in your first message on youtube to me that the siren was donated to your VFD and that you wanted to put it back into service.
I have a complete Thunderbolt1000b that was donated to our V.F.D and I want to put it back into service.
That's why I gave you a break on the timer price and RCM rewire.
Now I find out it's personal siren that you got for helping a buddy sell some sirens. And it's going to sit around on a trailer.
Go figure......
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:11 am

Your the guy who bought that dual tone chopper from me on ebay aren't you?

1000Bthunderbolt

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:37 am

CDV777-1 wrote:You know when I agreed to do that rewire on that RCM it was on the understanding that your siren was going back into service.
You said in your first message on youtube to me that the siren was donated to your VFD and that you wanted to put it back into service.
I have a complete Thunderbolt1000b that was donated to our V.F.D and I want to put it back into service.
That's why I gave you a break on the timer price and RCM rewire.
Now I find out it's personal siren that you got for helping a buddy sell some sirens. And it's going to sit around on a trailer.
Go figure......
I actually have a 3 phase unit going to the VFD in the town I work for. I plan on using the timer on the donated 3 phase. I was originally planning on using that rcm for the VFD siren, but now I am undecided. You do awsome work Eric. The fact that I was low on funds because of the economy, I am very greatful and appreciate the fact you rewired that RCM for me. Thanks .
1000Bthunderbolt wrote:
holler wrote:Your the guy who bought that dual tone chopper from me on ebay aren't you?
Yes I am, how did you guess?
1000Bthunderbolt wrote:
3t22 wrote:I take it that's the one with the Baldor blower motor. It's starting to look great. Have you ran it at all yet? I'm going to make another trip up there to grab that RC5W I saw when I picked up the 3T22 if no one else has once the weather gets warmer. Looking forward to seeing it once it's finished, and hopefully hear it.
Yes its the one with the baldor motor. I still have to go through and change all the oil. Its a slow process. I just wanted to get it primed before the winter arrived.
1000Bthunderbolt wrote:
Mac wrote:Awful nice looking!

Whats a single phase T.B. like that go for?
It will be nice when its painted. I am going to be a little different and paint this old girl schoolbus yellow. I think it will look really good that color.
Last edited by 1000Bthunderbolt on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thunderboltlover
YouTube Username: thunderboltlover

Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:36 am

Great looking t-bolt!

Looking forward to hearing it in action!

SirenMadness

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:16 am

Lovin' the gray paint, but the yellow will look great in its own way, too! Good luck!
~ Peter Radanovic

1000Bthunderbolt

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:06 am

SirenMadness wrote:Lovin' the gray paint, but the yellow will look great in its own way, too! Good luck!
Thanks

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”