Shikkapow

Hand cranked sirens

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:23 am

Hello,
new to the board, and found this place because I am looking for a hand crank siren. the only place I can find them is E-bay (most of the ones on there are sekomak 447's in the UK) or the chinese knock off's
Are the larger chinese lk-120's worth the money they are asking?

I am not truly a collector or hobbyist, but I would like a stand mounted size siren for no other reason than to own one. :D even a not restored franken siren would be fine since I am not looking for a purebred.

any tips for a newbie?

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:25 am

If you want a siren to play with and sound, then sure, it's a good deal. If you are into the historical and authentic aspect of it, then probably not.

Shikkapow

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:02 pm

has anyone put their hands on one? All I see are the listings on Ebay.
I would wager that they are an exact copy of the type 447's because of the shape of the screen and the base.

Other than the ones on Ebay, where else can you buy hand crank sirens?

Jim_Ferer

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:45 am

Shikkapow wrote:has anyone put their hands on one? All I see are the listings on Ebay.
I would wager that they are an exact copy of the type 447's because of the shape of the screen and the base.

Other than the ones on Ebay, where else can you buy hand crank sirens?
eBay's about it consistently. You can try military memorabilia shows, websites, or magazines, or even try placing an ad in a magazine or on a website. Anything that got used in wartime is going to be worth a lot more, and I bet a German or Japanese siren would get more too, although I don't know that.

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”