Spotter/Chaser

Any Sirens Heard Friday?

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:11 am

I was just wondering if anyone heard sirens being activated anywhere in the States for severe weather (whether for tornadoes and severe storms or for severe winter weather) but not including those for regular tests.

Daniel

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:30 am

Last week we had some severe windstorms and, although we don't sound sirens for weather in Oregon, I did have the opportunity to see two electrical substations explode about 20 miles north of me. First the light on the horizon was a dirty blue-green, changing to bright white, then fire orange within a few seconds, and then everything in that part of the valley went dark -- very impressive! I did hear the STH10 sounding from the Monitor VFD (4 miles away) for what were probably downed trees.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

pyramid head

Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:34 pm

well, i hear a siren everyday regardless. the fire dept. does a daily test at 5 p.m. but yesterday it went off three times, one of them was a different signal that i havent heard yet. a flat single tone wail for about 30 sec. or so. we had a wind storm up here so they might hav edone one of the blasts for that.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”