DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Ft. Benning Bugle Call Information

Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Just some information I figured I'd share with you all.
https://www.army.mil/article/160873/Bug ... tradition/

Ft. Benning only does bugle calls with certain sirens due to complaints. Turns out that kids don't really like it when you blast their ears with Reveille in the morning at 128 dB. :P Below is a list of the different calls and times that they sound off. The article goes into more detail with directions for the soldiers to follow.

Weekdays
0555 HRS: First Call
0600 HRS: Reveille
0800 HRS: Mess Call
1700 HRS: Retreat/To The Colors
2045 HRS: Tattoo
2100 HRS: Taps

Weekends
1700 HRS: Retreat/To The Colors

They mention that Retreat and To The Colors is done on all of the sirens, but I found that only one siren on post did the activation 2 days ago. I've narrowed down the sirens that more than likely activate for the calls.

2909 in Main Post near Harrris Cir. and Vibbert Ave.
Kelley Hill's 2909
2905 by Brave Rifles Parade Field in Harmony Church
2909 in Sand Hill near 23rd Inf Regiment Rd. and 11th Airborne Div Rd. (3 miles away from where I stay)

It seems to me that the base was planning on recommissioning the old ADT system considering that all of them had their panels removed and were prepared to have new controls retrofitted to them... probably with UltraVoices to incorporate the old MOD2008s. Somewhere along the line they probably decided it would be easier to do it on their Whelen system, albeit not quite as tamed with the sirens being so loud compared to the ADT planar arrays. The ADTs are still standing and now, much like their unused 2001 and Modulator systems, rotting away on their poles.
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Stevan Z
YouTube Username: ChicagoSirens

Re: Ft. Benning Bugle Call Information

Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:17 pm

I still find it crazy that they bought two different electronic sirens before the Whelens. I think you mentioned they still silent test the Modulator system correct?

Travis
YouTube Username: DL1011

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:09 am

Stevan Z wrote:I still find it crazy that they bought two different electronic sirens before the Whelens. I think you mentioned they still silent test the Modulator system correct?
Oh PPFFFFT. That's not hard to believe at all. This is the Federal Government we are talking about, and more specifically pretend monopoly money "Defense Spending."
-The Princess

Busgeek71

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Governmental opinions aside, maybe these older systems had issues or something to that tune. I doubt systems here change "just 'cause". Also, to speculate, think coverage. A WPS 2909 kicks a MOD 2008 to the curb in that aspect. There's a reason somewhere...

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”