Spencerlovestrains
YouTube Username: Spencer Harman

Albion, IN Restored Model 2 (Somewhat Lengthy)

Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:19 am

This Model 2 was installed at Rose Hill Cemetery sometime in the 90's probably, in Albion, IN. Sometime before 2015, it was struck by lightning and was internally damaged. So in March of 2015, it was replaced by a T-128. This was one of two to be installed, the other one at the fire station (Replacing a Screamer).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtx97Xw4FOM
My video of the T-128 that replaced the Model 2, before the Model 2 was taken down.

In early-mid 2016, residents voiced concern over coverage, despite the T-128's being 1.5 miles apart from each other, and the area being covered pretty well. So the Model 2 that was replaced was taken down and it was to be reused.

The former site of the Model 2's pole.

Before I heard about the Model 2 being relocated, I saw this article on KPC News showing a thank you note for the siren relocation.
To the editor:
We read and hear a lot of bad news, yet there is so much good that happens than we’re never aware of these days. Albion is truly blessed with a compassionate and caring community of individuals. When there is a common need, they step up to help. It was recently pointed out that even after the current upgrade in Albion’s tornado sirens, an area in south central Albion was still not adequately covered and the town of Albion’s budget could not support another new siren. Further examination determined that there was a siren that had been decommissioned when the new sirens were installed. This siren could be used to fill the void.
Through the assistance of Noble County REMC, along with several caring individuals that included Kevin Dreibelbis, Doug Dickmeyer, Rob Coil, Paul Miner and Terry Forker, the additional tornado siren was relocated and installed at the old water tower location on South Liberty Street. A big thank you to them and several other community minded individuals that stepped up and helped make Albion’s citizens a little safer.
Bob Brownell
Albion
So on Friday the 7th, I was with my Grandma and I happened to go check what siren was reinstalled. And to my surprise, they refurbished the Model 2. It now boasts a very nice coat of yellow/gold, and some rigid conduit. The siren is located where an old water tower used to be, at Washington Street and Liberty Street on top of a hill.

I am looking forward to getting a video of this thing on the 24th of October, since that's when Albion tests. (2nd and 4th Monday of the month around 6:00 PM). This will be Albion's final test of the year before they resume testing on March, 13th 2017.
In my opinion, I think there way too many 2001's in Indiana!

Check out my siren recordings! https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Proud owner of a Fedelcode Model 2.

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Re: Albion, IN Restored Model 2 (Somewhat Lengthy)

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:57 pm

Hah, I would've enjoyed this post, but all the links to the pictures are broken...
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:24 pm

You need to fix your picture links.
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:54 am

The pictures links are broken.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Jake_7367
Discord: Keigo#2002

Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:23 am

AFAIK, I haven't seen scorch marks in photos of lightning-struck sirens. Why don't lightning- struck sirens have scorch marks?
I love Yamaha Music Sirens.
Twitter: Yamaha and Matsush¡ta Enthusiast (@Matsush¡taMan) (replace ¡ with i)

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:18 pm

The heat does not focus on one concentrated spot on metal because lightning is not fire, therefore the metal won't have any scorching. (metal is also not flammable, so no burning would commence. Also, the paint will bubble and not burn because paint combusts at a higher temperature than the temperature of lightning.)
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”