MaumeeStormMaster
YouTube Username: MrNorthwestOhioSirens

Kenton Ohio's New 508, and Issues involving Sirens.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:39 am

The City of Kenton Ohio recently (within the year or 2) acquired there first Tornado Siren, in fact, the first warning siren in the village's history. The choice was a Federal Signal 508, the first one I've seen in person.The 509 is downtown at the City Fire Station (they own the siren) and is tested Weekly on Wednesday at Noon.
This is the article: http://wktn.com/local-news/133159

Hardin County is very rural, Kenton being the county seat. Each town/area takes care of it's warning system, if they have one in the first place. Even with the 508, Kenton isn't fully covered, both from the siren's location, which is down at the bottom of a valley like area, and that the size of the town has, and is growing.

One thing I asked a relative, who knows many of the county and city officials (In fact, she knows just about everyone and has been asked to run for mayor several times, Kenton is really that small), of what they are thinking in the terms of having sirens or some warning system installed in Kenton, if maybe a choice of refurbished sirens, or cheaper companies would be an option for the city. What do you guys think?
Forbidden State of o h i o.

Owns:
1978 Federal Signal 3T22A
Federal Electric Model A
Faraday Model 155 (Rebranded Sentry F2)
Federal Signal Selectone Model 300
Mixed Fire Alarms and Cheap Chineese Siren
Temporarily in Posession of Federal Signal Model L

Fletch

Re: Kenton Ohio's New 508, and Issues involving Sirens.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:48 am

Kenton did have a siren up until a tornado damaged it in 1974, IIRC. My understanding is that they've simply had funding issues. It's a small town, so a 508 is probably all they need.

Some Ohio cities do not have a siren system. Springfield comes to mind, although they used to have a system.

floor-a-matic
YouTube Username: electrolux1205

Re: Kenton Ohio's New 508, and Issues involving Sirens.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:33 am

better than Findlay's 2001s (I like the roundback & last remaining Thunderbolt 1000T)

Van buren has a 2001SRN
Proud owner of two 2T22s & a 3T22; & might acquire a roundback 2001 soon

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”