Purring Cat
YouTube Username: Purring Cat

Re: B&N Mobil Directo and ACA Allertor past and present map

Wed May 27, 2020 1:41 am

There missing alot on the map. There may be as many as 100 that have not yet been mapped, Particually in Wisconsin and Iowa.

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:59 am

Purring Cat wrote:
There missing alot on the map. There may be as many as 100 that have not yet been mapped, Particually in Wisconsin and Iowa.
I haven't been able to work on the map much recently since it's the end of the school year for me and I have been really busy. As soon as that's out of the way I'll work on adding the locations again.
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

Purring Cat

Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:56 pm

Zarlog wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:59 am
Purring Cat wrote:
I haven't been able to work on the map much recently since it's the end of the school year for me and I have been really busy. As soon as that's out of the way I'll work on adding the locations again.
Relating to the Topic, There is a ACA Allertor, Unknown Port of ratio, in West Point, Mississippi near a Car Dealership. I dont believe its active, cause its pointing the same direction in both Street view and aerial.

Next, San Angelo, TX had a TON of Allertors. Most of them are now gone, because San Angelo is removing their Old System.

Bolivar, Missouri has an Allertor on the Water Tower. This one is active.

Another one, located in Crane, MO on the South Side, is at a Moble Home park.

There is also one I found in Summerfield, Kansas. It should still be active.

Evansville, Indiana had Mobil Directos in the 1960s or 70s. They are all long gone now.

Leland, Iowa has one Allertor by the Water Tower. Its well and active.

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:16 am

Where is the Allertor in Summerfield KS? There's almost no street view coverage there and what they do have is the old blurry kind (as in so crappy I don't even get why they bothered taking it).
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

Purring Cat

Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:06 am

Zarlog wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:16 am
Where is the Allertor in Summerfield KS? There's almost no street view coverage there and what they do have is the old blurry kind (as in so crappy I don't even get why they bothered taking it).
39.9979479, -96.3479133
There is no street view, but its visible on aerial. It caught me almost by Surprise, too.

Purring Cat

Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:49 pm

The Beaver Valley Nuclear Plant Used to have Allertors as part of their system up until about 2011, When they all got replaced by 2001s or Equinoxes.

fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:44 pm

Purring Cat wrote:
The Beaver Valley Nuclear Plant Used to have Allertors as part of their system up until about 2011, When they all got replaced by 2001s or Equinoxes.
Yes they did, in fact I did a bunch of research on their system not too long ago. I also have a map of their old system and their current system. The current system is comprised of 2001-SRN's, SRNB's, 130's, and Equinoxes of various ages. The latest Equinox (Siren 1) was added in 2017, replacing a 2001-SRNB that I believe had some sort of issue which required replacement of the siren head. The upgrade has been 100% complete since 2012.

The old system was all scrapped or is in some yard on the plant grounds, at least that is what happened to Perry's system when it was upgraded not too long after. Several units remained in active service as fire sirens (only two units are now still in use for those purposes), and numerous sirens and parts (at least 5) were taken by Knox Twp. in Columbiana County from the section of the EPZ in that county. The Allertors there had numerous issues stemming back from before the township got and refurbished them from back when they were BVPS sirens (the plant had issues with them since the 1990's) to where it was too expensive to keep fixing them, so the system there was replaced with new Sentry Sirens last year. The Equinoxes were all installed for the complete upgrade and began installation in summer 2010. The other older 2001s (SRNBs and 130s) were added as older sirens would fail and could not be fixed. The SRNs were added earlier for other reasons and were originally AC only (as were the SRNBs) until they received new controls with battery backup in 2010 or 2011.
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

Purring Cat

Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:56 pm

fire_freak_57 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:44 pm
Purring Cat wrote:
Yes they did, in fact I did a bunch of research on their system not too long ago. I also have a map of their old system and their current system. The current system is comprised of 2001-SRN's, SRNB's, 130's, and Equinoxes of various ages. The latest Equinox (Siren 1) was added in 2017, replacing a 2001-SRNB that I believe had some sort of issue which required replacement of the siren head. The upgrade has been 100% complete since 2012.

The old system was all scrapped or is in some yard on the plant grounds, at least that is what happened to Perry's system when it was upgraded not too long after. Several units remained in active service as fire sirens (only two units are now still in use for those purposes), and numerous sirens and parts (at least 5) were taken by Knox Twp. in Columbiana County from the section of the EPZ in that county. The Allertors there had numerous issues stemming back from before the township got and refurbished them from back when they were BVPS sirens (the plant had issues with them since the 1990's) to where it was too expensive to keep fixing them, so the system there was replaced with new Sentry Sirens last year. The Equinoxes were all installed for the complete upgrade and began installation in summer 2010. The other older 2001s (SRNBs and 130s) were added as older sirens would fail and could not be fixed. The SRNs were added earlier for other reasons and were originally AC only (as were the SRNBs) until they received new controls with battery backup in 2010 or 2011.
There used to be an Allertor in Springdale, Ohio (Hamilton County) until 2008 when it got replaced by a T-128. It was visible from I-275.

Siren_Dude

Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:06 pm

Still Standing

St Catherines, ON
https://goo.gl/maps/qVUn7NSGQiHsQDMD6

North Vancouver, BC
https://goo.gl/maps/oiYxdu4fHfeMCgCj7

Toronto, ON - Used an old streetview to show location because a new building is blocking any current streetview of the siren. The siren still stands but the horn is missing
https://goo.gl/maps/SMptQGDfwLfD2jcm8

Scarborough, ON
https://goo.gl/maps/ch77kPTthzpR2iDF6

Removed

Toronto, ON
https://goo.gl/maps/x29NLFhsCKnNKC1i7
https://goo.gl/maps/jdL6B9Hcv3WApXtg6
Your Canadian Siren Expert!
https://www.youtube.com/c/ColdWarCanada

Purring Cat

Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:15 pm

San Angelo Texas used to have a TON of Allertors. Almost all of them have been removed due to San Angelo phasing out their warning sirens.

Return to “Siren Maps”