HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Re: Community Siren Map

Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:27 pm

archizackture wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:31 am
Since we're using siren icons and this is a pretty high-profile map, I hope it's alright if I air a small grievance, and hopefully it will be taken as constructive feedback...

Please, for the love of all things lovely, increase the brightness and saturation of the icons that you use! I am sick of seeing siren maps with icons that blend into the satellite imagery so much that I have to squint to see the icons! This is basic graphic design logic. Please make sure your icons will stand out against the satellite imagery layer. Thanks.
I'm very sorry about that, I actually wasn't the one who imported the custom icons, so I don't know how to help.
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

archizackture
YouTube Username: Shako_Lamb

Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:54 pm

10V2T wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:27 pm
archizackture wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:31 am
Since we're using siren icons and this is a pretty high-profile map, I hope it's alright if I air a small grievance, and hopefully it will be taken as constructive feedback...

Please, for the love of all things lovely, increase the brightness and saturation of the icons that you use! I am sick of seeing siren maps with icons that blend into the satellite imagery so much that I have to squint to see the icons! This is basic graphic design logic. Please make sure your icons will stand out against the satellite imagery layer. Thanks.
I'm very sorry about that, I actually wasn't the one who imported the custom icons, so I don't know how to help.
I could probably help fix it myself, but I'm not too familiar with how custom icons work in My Maps. I could save, edit, and reupload the icons but I imagine the icons would have to be swapped out manually for every single location.

One idea I had would be to add a thin white outline to each icon. There's probably an easy way to do that with Photoshop, and I have Photoshop.
Architecture preservationist. I enjoy obscure history and mapping things, and grew up around sirens. Not planning to own one.
West Virginia State-wide & Western Maryland Siren Map

SirensandTrainsofKS

YouTube Username: Sirens and Trains of Kansas

Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:39 pm

Please ignore the fact that the Silverstreet bolt is in the removed layer, it is a error and I’m trying to open the map so I can fix it.
"You like Krabby Patties don't you Squidward?"

NottaFoamer
YouTube Username: TheRadioPerson
Discord: TheRadioPerson#1918

Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:46 pm

I am mapping TMI and it looks like one of the T-128s got replaced with something (E-Class or ATI) but why? TMI shut down right?
I own a model L now cause im cool and epic like that

HudsonRiverSirens

Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:36 pm

Eows 115 wrote:
I am mapping TMI and it looks like one of the T-128s got replaced with something (E-Class or ATI) but why? TMI shut down right?
I'm sure they gave the town a choice to keep their sirens, like Pilgrim and CT Yankee did. The siren was probably obsolete and they replaced it.

HudsonRiverSirens

Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:54 pm

Eows 115 wrote:
I was in Hershey a year or two ago, and saw a T-128 in the exact same place, which means that siren was replaced recently.

HudsonRiverSirens

Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:59 pm

Hi everyone! Non-categorized sirens seem to have been deleted, so here is the most recent copy I made of the map with the non-categorized sirens. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit? ... 99442&z=19

railroader3921

YouTube Username: Railroader3921

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:58 am

Uhhh, some child just deleted the map and replaced it with a message that said F*** ARS. Perhaps the map should be invitation only?
Anyway, I might import the Missouri Siren map into this thing tomorrow. See you then!
One of Indianola, Iowa's old RM-127's is currently sitting in my backyard.

HudsonRiverSirens

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:36 am

railroader3921 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:58 am
Uhhh, some child just deleted the map and replaced it with a message that said F*** ARS. Perhaps the map should be invitation only?
Anyway, I might import the Missouri Siren map into this thing tomorrow. See you then!
Don't worry, I have copies galore. The map is now set to invitation only, you will have to send a request to be allowed into the map. I believe I can check the map history to see what's going on here. There is also a link to a YouTube channel- that may lead us to the culprit.

Edit: ShowMeSirens130 renamed the map to WTF Siren Map. The last edit before ShowMeSirens edited the map was my edit, and editing the map around the time ShowMeSirens did was The forgotten SD-10. Soulless edited the map at 7:32 AM EST. If you are ShowMeSirens or SD-10, you better have some alibi, because your attempts have no point.
Last edited by HudsonRiverSirens on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CarolinaHurricane20

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 am

Someone deleted a lot of locations, including all of my North Carolina locations.

Return to “Siren Maps”