SirokatM2

YouTube Username: Sirokat

The Ohio Statewide Siren "SuperMap"

Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:02 pm

When I first discovered the siren community around the time I turned 15, I grew fascinated by the concept of a siren map. Looking through them was a blast for younger me, however as I grew older, I noticed just how basic and barebones most maps were. Some problems I came across were the lack of information on each siren, along with some custom icons that caused the maps to run poorly.

Around mid 2020, I decided that it was time for a change. The goal was to create a siren map that gave siren enthusiasts nearly EVERYTHING they could possibly ask for in a siren map. After nearly three years of work between the four editors, the Ohio Statewide Siren "SuperMap" has been released to the public.

This map gives siren enthusiasts the following information and features, all within one single map:
- County/City Siren Testing Schedules
- Active/Inactive Sirens
- Which siren system each specific siren is tied to
- Extra notes for certain sirens that need them
- Status updates on the health of certain sirens
- Five different layers, which can help the map run smoother on older devices
- Custom icons that are small enough to keep the map running smoothly, while also being easily visible

This map has been a team effort over the years, and will continue to be a team effort, not just with the editors, but with the community as a whole. If you see something that is either not marked, or has been removed/moved, please contact me via email at: [email protected]

All that being said, I hopefully plan on making more "SuperMaps" for different states, along with the help of members in the siren community. While I have personally distanced myself from the community recently, I will still push to make these "SuperMaps" as accurate as possible with the help of the editors, and you.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... sp=sharing

Sentry88

Re: The Ohio Statewide Siren "SuperMap"

Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:28 am

:shock: Very (I mean very) impressive map. :shock: +1 Karma for you!
Proud owner of nothing!
Hello, fellow siren enthusiasts. I'm going to be back on the board from time to time but probably won't post much.

DominatorSirens

Discord: TheDominator

Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:58 pm

Maybe you should make a Michigan Supermap! I know alot of locations in Michigan, so maybe I could help out!
Just a guy who lives in Lenawee County, MI ;)

WillamsH28
YouTube Username: JakeH28

Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:26 pm

DominatorSirens wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:58 pm
Maybe you should make a Michigan Supermap! I know alot of locations in Michigan, so maybe I could help out!
Seconded. There are too many maps of Michigan and none of them can agree. Plus with the way your supermap is set up it would benefit Michigan a lot more.

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:03 pm

My opinion is that most of the Michigan maps are accurate enough that we don’t need a “super map” for this state. Since constant revisions are still happening on the biggest one, having a second or third one with the same information seems a bit superfluous.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

DownTheRails
New User
YouTube Username: DownTheRails

Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:25 am

Wow! I have never seen a more impressive map than that! :shock:

Would it be possible to obtain the download files for the icons? :)

-DownTheRails

FlakFerret
New User
YouTube Username: FlakFerret

Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:02 pm

Hello! I have been checking out this map, and I am very impressed. I saw some things on the map in my area that I felt could be corrected, and I sent them in an email to the email provided in the original post. The content of the email mainly covers an area in which I work where some sirens are labelled with the incorrect owner/operator.

I hope the information that I sent could be of some use!

Return to “Siren Maps”