panoptagon
New User

Greetings and a Siren Question

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:10 pm

Hello,

My name is Jeff Davis and I am a Sound Effects Editor/ Designer working in Vancouver B.C. I am currently working on a Film which takes place in London and Glasgow during the 1950's. I am in search of information on the Sirens/Bell's which the Police used on their cars during this period. Any information regarding Make, Model, Manufacturer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff Davis

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: Greetings and a Siren Question

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:28 pm

panoptagon wrote:Hello,

My name is Jeff Davis and I am a Sound Effects Editor/ Designer working in Vancouver B.C. I am currently working on a Film which takes place in London and Glasgow during the 1950's. I am in search of information on the Sirens/Bell's which the Police used on their cars during this period. Any information regarding Make, Model, Manufacturer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff Davis
You may want to try posting this question in the Other Warning Systems forum, because they discuss police sirens there a lot. Welcome to the board.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:00 am

You will want to go to www.elightbars.com and ask the folks there. I know Federal Signal PA15 and PA20 electronic sirens were used, as well as smaller mechanical sirens. in the UK, I think they just had the hi-lo horns. Again, you will want to ask there.

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”