Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Federal Signal fan wrote:Now, just how many decibels did this monster crank out anyway?
125, just like an Allertor or 1000T.
Looks very nice, they should either should have considered a gear with sides to help keep the chain on, or if the chain broke, considered a belt!
The rotating mechanism did contain a worm gear.

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:46 pm

Man that's downright wacky. I guess the whole shell turns around being driven at the bottom. Looks like that shell covering thing would restrict the sound more than anything.
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

Rory Buszka

Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:56 am

Acoustically speaking, those horns are too small to provide pattern control, even at siren frequencies. The horns would need to expand to something about the size of an ACA Allertor's horn in order to control the wavefront. Otherwise, they're just changing how much of the high frequency harmonics get radiated in any one direction, with the SPLs at the fundamental frequency being fairly consistent at the listener's position despite the azimuth of the rotating assembly.
Say NO to excessive siren testing - overtesting desensitizes the public.
Say NO to voice siren systems - multiple origins = unintelligible audio.

Tkjns

Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:45 pm

It's true. I heard this particular SoundMaster go off once about two years ago. The rotation mechanism was broken so it didn't spin and from what I heard compared to the 115 models, it was very muffled.
Jake H.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”