coastalsyrolover

Re: Favorite ACA/ASC Siren?

Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:21 am

I am reasonably sure I haven't even heard an Aca siren at all... Maybe... I don't know. But not a p50 or cyclone. Now guys lets not get this locked.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

GreenblottF
YouTube Username: TheGameShack

Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Valtonus wrote:
GreenblottF wrote:
MKEsignal135 wrote:
If you think T-128's have a creepy sound (which in my opinion I disagree and I live in a town full of T-128's) you should hear a P-50 or a Cyclone. They sound so creepy especially at the distance.
Heh, do you really think I haven't heard a P-50 or a Cyclone? I wouldn't be classified as a siren fan if I didn't LOL. And yeah, I do have to admit, P-50 echoey ambience is much creepier than a T-128. But, at close range (less than 1/6 of a mile away), the T-128 is the winner for the creepiest siren on my list.

I beg to differ. You don't have to have heard a P50 or Cyclone to be a siren fan. Here in Oklahoma, there isn't many Cyclones, and the closest one would probably be at least a hour drive, and there is no P50's in Oklahoma at all.
Oh, I've been to Tennesee, they have P-50's there. I've yet to hear a Cyclone in person. The P-50 I heard when in Tennesee was when I went to Memphis, and it about 3 miles away when tested. It was still very clearly heard, especially with the massive echo it created. Haha.
Now a proud owner of a Federal Electric Model 66! :)

Check out my YouTube Channel! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcVrvMjO7o-ByaEq9IkBpuw

CycloneFan125
YouTube Username: Sirens & Elevators

Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Synther wrote:
lkreykes wrote:My vote definitely goes to the P-50.
GreenblottF wrote:Heh, do you really think I haven't heard a P-50 or a Cyclone? I wouldn't be classified as a siren fan if I didn't LOL.
I guess I'm not a siren fan then, as it isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to just go hear a P-50/Cyclone in person when you live in Northern Michigan :P
I guess i'm not either. I haven't even heard a real outdoor warning siren because I live in Utah :/
Hey Thunderbolts are really cool too and they're still easy to find. They sound awesome at the distance as well and the 2T22 winddown is a bone chiller at the distance. And I live near 34 P-50's (14 in Milwaukee, and 20 in Kenosha) so I'm well used to them out here.

GreenblottF
YouTube Username: TheGameShack

Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:27 pm

MKEsignal135 wrote:
Synther wrote:
lkreykes wrote:My vote definitely goes to the P-50.

I guess I'm not a siren fan then, as it isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to just go hear a P-50/Cyclone in person when you live in Northern Michigan :P
I guess i'm not either. I haven't even heard a real outdoor warning siren because I live in Utah :/
Hey Thunderbolts are really cool too and they're still easy to find. They sound awesome at the distance as well and the 2T22 winddown is a bone chiller at the distance. And I live near 34 P-50's (14 in Milwaukee, and 20 in Kenosha) so I'm well used to them out here.
They even have 1 remaining (albeit inactive) Thunderbolt 1000 on the roof of the Phoenix City hall. It's a sad sight to see, just rusting away up there... BUT, I've also heard talk that a private buyer is going to restore it. Hooray for private buyers :D!

Anyway, I believe somewhere in AZ there is a town that has at least 1 ACA Banshee. I must find it and hopefully record it!!!
Now a proud owner of a Federal Electric Model 66! :)

Check out my YouTube Channel! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcVrvMjO7o-ByaEq9IkBpuw

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:28 pm

GreenblottF wrote:
Valtonus wrote:
GreenblottF wrote:
Heh, do you really think I haven't heard a P-50 or a Cyclone? I wouldn't be classified as a siren fan if I didn't LOL. And yeah, I do have to admit, P-50 echoey ambience is much creepier than a T-128. But, at close range (less than 1/6 of a mile away), the T-128 is the winner for the creepiest siren on my list.

I beg to differ. You don't have to have heard a P50 or Cyclone to be a siren fan. Here in Oklahoma, there isn't many Cyclones, and the closest one would probably be at least a hour drive, and there is no P50's in Oklahoma at all.
Oh, I've been to Tennesee, they have P-50's there. I've yet to hear a Cyclone in person. The P-50 I heard when in Tennesee was when I went to Memphis, and it about 3 miles away when tested. It was still very clearly heard, especially with the massive echo it created. Haha.
On the idea of you not being considered being a siren fan based on the fact if you have heard a P50 or Cyclone, the base is, that is not true. It.. just isn't true at all. A lot of us on here haven't heard a P50 or cyclone. You don't have to hear a specific siren to be a siren fan, heck, VASirens hasn't heard a thunderbolt, and is he a siren fan? Yes. Just saying :P
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

Siranator3001

The

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:07 pm

ACA Allertor 125 and ACA Screamer 105
Live in Whelen and 2001-130 country!

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:58 pm

Hurricane MkII
Banshee

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”