Carter Sirens Rule

YouTube Username: tristan gillett

Christchurch, Newzealand Sirens

Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:07 am

Does anybody have any information about the sirens in Christchurch, Newzealand :?:
Any information would be great :)

Daniel

Re: Christchurch, Newzealand Sirens

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Have you tried Google or Youtube? What about the website for the City of Christchurch? You have made several requests for information easily attainable online. Don't be lazy.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Carter Sirens Rule

Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:43 am

hey, I have a slow computer. Aspecially when it comes to Google.
Plus I'm deaf And Blind So i Have To use Braille To Even look up something on the Computer!

uncommonsense

Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:45 am

Carter Sirens Rule wrote:hey, I have a slow computer. Aspecially when it comes to Google.
Plus I'm deaf And Blind So i Have To use Braille To Even look up something on the Computer!
You'll forgive me if I'm missing a piece of the puzzle, but if that's true, please account for the following:
Carter Sirens Rule wrote:'Hacksaw' Do you know if the thunderbolt on top of the Provo Fire Depart. Is still active?
beacause i want to try to record it or atleast hear it.
Carter Sirens Rule wrote:Can You Synthesize A 3T22, Thunderbolt 1003, and a 7/10 port siren all running on 50Hz Power Running The HI-LO Signal?
Carter Sirens Rule wrote:I just recently uploaded a siren synth on Youtube.
Click this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KMLImd1SgE&hd=1 if you want to watch it.
If you're deaf, how did you create said synth (and blind if using a non-Braille reader compatible program, which most audio editors would not be), know to record/listen for a Thunderbolt, and know to ask for a synth with particular port ratios?

Furthermore, if you're blind to the extent of needing braille to look things up, how could you pull the correct photos for your YouTube videos and then edit the videos (with text) to then upload to YouTube?

Also, if your computer is slow with Google, how did it have enough power to audio process your synths and videos and get uploaded to YouTube (especially considering YouTube is owned/run by Google).

Again, excuse me if there's a piece of the puzzle I'm missing. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but, something's not adding up with your response.

Sirenguy02

Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:07 am

Carter Sirens Rule wrote:hey, I have a slow computer. Aspecially when it comes to Google.
I have to agree with uncommensense here... Also, your original post only said youre deaf...
~Mitchell Tsokatos
Owner of a P-10 and Model L

Andys Live WX
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: andyt1424

Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:59 pm

How can you even use the computer to see what is on the board if you are blind? Are you just being metaphorical?
Regards,
Andy Thompson
Electrician
http://www.somnwx,com
Owner of a 3T22A

Hannah
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Andys Live WX wrote:How can you even use the computer to see what is on the board if you are blind? Are you just being metaphorical?

well not to go off topic but....i don't know if your aware of it but there are programs out there that will read things off the internet to the blind and being from a family and community of blind folk and the only one that can see 100% in my family i can assure you the programs are out there... and besides you do know that vertum (aka josh caplinger) a well known board member from my neck of the woods has a program to operate his computer to see the board in real time called Jaws... it reads to him and tells him everything thats on screen. i dont know if this really pertains to the Op's position though.
Female enthusiast who is the owner of many large and small sirens, misc controls, timers etc. (too many to list in this small space) all big sirens came from cincinnatis old system.

Andys Live WX
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: andyt1424

Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:18 pm

well not to go off topic but....i don't know if your aware of it but there are programs out there that will read things off the internet to the blind and being from a family and community of blind folk and the only one that can see 100% in my family i can assure you the programs are out there... and besides you do know that vertum (aka josh caplinger) a well known board member from my neck of the woods has a program to operate his computer to see the board in real time called Jaws... it reads to him and tells him everything thats on screen. i dont know if this really pertains to the Op's position though.
I guess I never knew there were tools like that out there. Sounds interesting.
Regards,
Andy Thompson
Electrician
http://www.somnwx,com
Owner of a 3T22A

Carter Sirens Rule

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Andys Live WX wrote:How can you even use the computer to see what is on the board if you are blind? Are you just being metaphorical?
yes

TrainsAndSirens1
YouTube Username: TrainsAndSirens1

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Carter Sirens Rule wrote: yes
How did you post a post when you got banned? You are not supposed to be posting when you got banned.
Owner of a -130, Modulator 6048, B-Series 1003,1000B, 3016, STH-10B, Little Giant, two 5As, 2, 2T, Model B9, 2 Model Ds, 4 Model As, Faraday Type 2, OC-9, 2 AR Timers, other. Skywarn Spotter.
https://youtube.com/user/TrainsAndSirens1

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”