3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Vernon CT station 441 siren test

Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:06 pm

Once again today was our monthly siren test, and I decided to record Station 441's 12 port 5. Now I was worried about how this was going to sound as the other 2 5s don't sound too well (the one on Dart Hill Rd is by far the worse). http://media.putfile.com/aug-4-siren-te ... ion-441-71 . Hearing this brought back some great memories. I haven't heard one sound this good in 10 years. This sounds exactly like the 5 that use to be on the roof of Portland CT Engine Co 1. Next month I'll record our 2 up close.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:30 pm

Man....that thing sounds EXACTLY like the model 3 in my hometown....along with the slowed windup and everything (recording on ARS). However, mine was a 3 phase siren hooked to a static converter, thus creating the slower windup. Have you got a pic of this siren?

ermaff6231

Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:55 am

excellent recording dan well done :) :) :D :D

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:41 pm

JasonC wrote:Man....that thing sounds EXACTLY like the model 3 in my hometown....along with the slowed windup and everything (recording on ARS). However, mine was a 3 phase siren hooked to a static converter, thus creating the slower windup. Have you got a pic of this siren?
Sorry for the delay, Here's a kind of crappy pic of it taken on July 7th shortly after the monthly test (I recored station 341's 5 last month) I was showing someone where it was and didn't have time to stop my car. Image Like a dumbass I left my camera at home on Saturday and remembered it as the 5 wound up. I'll take a drive up there again either tomorrow or Thursday and get a pic from where I parked to record it (the recorder was on the roof of my car).

Return to “Videos and Media”