fire_freak_57
YouTube Username: sirenfreak57
Discord: firefreak57#0781

Mostly Complete Diablo Canyon Nuclear Siren Map

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:09 am

Since nobody's ever posted a near-complete map before, I thought I'd post mine. The reason it's not 100% complete is because some of the locations are in areas nearly impossible to find (in the middle of mountains and desert terrain). The locations not marked are signified by question mark icons. The gaps in the various areas of the map are intentional, and are not just areas that I forgot to map sirens. The EPZ extends further than 10 miles because it has to conform with the State of California "Basic EPZ" rather than the federally required 10 mile EPZ. I would also like to mention this is the first nearly complete map, with 124 of the 131 sirens mapped. I used the map provided in the Power Plant Emergency Plan report on the NRC's website.

This unique system was installed in 2006, and is comprised of 2001-SRNB's, Eclipse 8's, and Eclipse NH's.

Siren numbers were taken from the sirens that were available in Street View. This is also a noteworthy system as this is the largest single system with Eclipse NH's.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=138THF ... sp=sharing
sirenfreak57
Owner of a Allertor 125 Control Cabinet, EOWS Driver, and other odds and ends.
My YouTube Channel | Summit County Siren Map | Cuyahoga County Siren Map

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Re: Mostly Complete Diablo Canyon Nuclear Siren Map

Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:37 am

Awesome job on this. When me and a few others mapped this a while back, we were not aware of the extended California EPZ, and only found two of the NH's.
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

Return to “Siren Maps”