cmoore

Indiana Sirens...

Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:53 pm

Anyone know where I can find any old Civil Defense sirens or even any unique sirens in Indiana? I live in Indiana and all of the Indianapolis and all of the old CD sirens were replaced with 2001s, so if ANYONE can tell me PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!! :D
Naptown Sirens

Allertor113
YouTube Username: RLDproductions

Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Theres a Hurricane 130 in Centralia and In evansville theres a bunch of sentrys.And in one city that i forgot the name of theres a Rm-130
Siren/Field Technician
Moore, Oklahoma

cmoore

Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Allertor113 wrote:Theres a Hurricane 130 in Centralia and In evansville theres a bunch of sentrys.And in one city that i forgot the name of theres a Rm-130
'
A Hurricane in Indiana! WOW! :D Thank you for the info! And yes I have seen Evansville's Sentrys. They just added brand new ones to the system. DO you know of any other places in Indiana I can look out for?
Naptown Sirens

jkvernon

Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:07 pm

Wow easy there. That Hurricane is in Illinois, not Indiana. Sorry to spoil the excitement.

I really can't think of many places in Indiana that has anything unique. It seems like most towns have smaller single toned Federal sirens or 2001s. The only thing that would strike me as remotely interesting would be a Sentry Defender in Argos(?), IN or a system of 9 ACA Screamers in Huntington near Fort Wayne.

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:32 pm

There's an xt22 in St. Leon and a Sterling in Greensburg (fire department on Ireland Street)
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

Rory Buszka

Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:38 am

I found the Centralia Hurricane 130 on Google Earth. The communications tower should be visible from the intersection of N Locust St. and E Noleman St, with another nearby landmark being a railway underpass. Just in case anybody else lives in the area and wants to take some better photos of the last known Hurricane 130 siren.
Say NO to excessive siren testing - overtesting desensitizes the public.
Say NO to voice siren systems - multiple origins = unintelligible audio.

Crazywarriorman
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:23 am

Rory Buszka wrote:I found the Centralia Hurricane 130 on Google Earth. The communications tower should be visible from the intersection of N Locust St. and E Noleman St, with another nearby landmark being a railway underpass. Just in case anybody else lives in the area and wants to take some better photos of the last known Hurricane 130 siren.
Will be going up there this coming Saturday-Sunday.
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

Travis
YouTube Username: DL1011

Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:40 am

And then you always have the Tippecanoe County system. 50 or so 2001's and a handful of XT22's, 5's, 5T's, Tbolts, and RSH/STH-10s.

Lebanon added a new Sentry 20V2T on the south side of town just a few yards off of IH-65 SB.
-The Princess

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:42 pm

A few more:

Moores Hill has a TBolt behind their fire department (source: http://www.angelfire.com/in2/firefighte ... trucks?i=9)

Dillsboro has some sort of an old rotating electronic siren (appears to be a Whelen 400R or Allertronic): http://townofdillsboro.com/Fire/fire.html

Centerville (just west of Richmond) has an xt22: http://www.centervillefire.com/Past%20R ... C00570.JPG

Also, bellyjae said that Milan has a T-121.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:20 pm

In Marion County where Indianapolis is, they're loaded with a bunch of 2001s, and I think they still have a few Thunderbolts left.

South Bend has some 2001s.

Southeastern Indiana has quite a mix, but it's hard for me to name all of the sirens they have there.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”