JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Here it is; almost complete collection of old sirens files!!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:06 pm

To celebrate the Siren Board's 10th anniversary, here are most of the siren files we had before 2006 (before Youtube took off). File size is 1.4GB zipped download, 1.7GB unzipped. Right click the link and save as.

http://www.davidsonfirealarms.com/airra ... Sirens.zip

A BIG thanks to Charlie Davidson for letting me host this file on his site! Also, If there are any files that are yours and would like to take credit, please do so in this forum. Same goes for any files that we may have missed as well. Enjoy!

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:59 pm

wow, some great memories there. I'm actually suprised on how good some of those recordings were for being done on tape. "onthehill" sounds just as good now as it did back than.

There were 3 recordings I submitted that I lost, and am glad to have back (well 2 of them at least)

"3T22" from contest 2 was Vernon's 3T22 the very day it's upper damper started to close up on it's 3rd test in about 10 years. My hearing hasn't been the same sense that day (no joke),

"3v8" also from contest 2 was Cumberland NJ Station 23s set off special for me by Steelman Hiles who you can hear talking to a dispatcher in the background asking for a pager and siren test.

and "WS2008" from contest 1 was a very sh*ty recording of Middlefield's WS 2008 sounding for a 6pm blast. I think it had a blown driver or 2 at the time, but now sounds much louder like it use to.

I don't think I submitted anymore that I recall as I haven't gone through all the files yet ("onthehill" and "tremont5tt" I was dying to hear again and I happen to stumble on the others)
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

kswx29

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:31 pm

:shock: I have at least a 5.0MB Download Speed, and my computer is estimating 40 Mins to download! And it keeps going up. Is there someway to lower the size or something? Perhaps post links to individual recordings or something? (That is, if there isn't a whoole lot.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

jkvernon

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:47 pm

There's quite a bit in there. Definitely some classics including the Sherman, TX TBolt in hi-lo. I remember this was posted on the warningsirens.org website one week and it absolutely spooked the crap outta me because I'd never heard of a Thunderbolt being able to make different signals other than alert and attack.
Neck Ties...Contracts...High Voltage!

dilloncarpenter

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:56 pm

And now I have a whole, maybe 4GB dedicated to sirens. 8)

Hey Jason, I just had an idea. What if I created a separate Youtube that is completely STOCKED with these old recordings and videos, called something like the Siren Media Archive? I would be willing to upload all of these once I get them extracted so we can have a YouTube stockpile of classic recordings.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

kswx29

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:06 pm

dilloncarpenter wrote:And now I have a whole, maybe 4GB dedicated to sirens. 8)

Hey Jason, I just had an idea. What if I created a separate Youtube that is completely STOCKED with these old recordings and videos, called something like the Siren Media Archive? I would be willing to upload all of these once I get them extracted so we can have a YouTube stockpile of classic recordings.
That would be a great idea! I had started something like that, (Youtube: sirensrus or somethin) but forgot the password. I have atleast 30 videos of sirens that were posted on the board prior to youtube.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

dilloncarpenter

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:13 pm

I will make a new Youtube then. 8)

Screen name will be: SirenMediaArchive.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:03 pm

It's slow because so many people are downloading it at once. Youtube'ing things is ok I guess, but there are a lot of non media files in the file so its kind of pointless.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:01 pm

No problem, glad to help out!

Lots of interesting videos in the set, especially some of the storm and tornado videos :wink:
dilloncarpenter wrote:I will make a new Youtube then. 8)

Screen name will be: SirenMediaArchive.
You may want to watch out on some of the videos, such as the storm chaser videos. Those are copyrighted files by the individual chaser/media organization and could get you in a load. Just be careful of what you upload. It would be most ideal to contact the video authors directly asking for permission first, and if granted, put "Video used with permission by the original author" in the video description.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

t-bolt82

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:14 pm

Wow. :shock: Thanks a ton for this file - I cannot wait to go thru it! :D
Viva la Thunderbolt!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”